Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whimsical Wednesdays Alice in Wonderland Challenge


Today is a special day because I'm so honored to be Guest Designer for Whimsical Wednesdays. When Jess contacted me and told me the challenge was Alice in Wonderland how could I say no? You know I love me some Alice! This fun challenge is open to any interpretation of an Alice theme so I hope you're inspired to play along. (I've heard there is a fabulous prize to be had!)

I'm quite the collector of Alice images so it was very difficult to choose. Because it is "Whimsical" Wednesdays, however, I decided you couldn't get more whimsical than the quirky digi stamps from The Octopode Factory. Lily is such an amazing artist that it's hard to believe she's only 17 years old. The stamps are available individually, or as a set, and I've used characters from both the Alice in Wonderland and Alice Elements sets. They are all colored with Copics and a bit of metallic gel pen here and there.

For my Wonderland scene I chose a side step card so I could add the layers and depth I wanted. Here's a LINK to a simple tutorial for this style of card. Choosing papers is always difficult for me, but when I saw the gorgeous flowers on this sheet from Webster's pages, I thought the quirkiness of the images would play off the beautiful, realistic botanicals quite well. The pattern is on the edges and corners of the page so with a bit of fussy cutting I was able to contain this magical world quite easily.

Of course the whole concept of time is central to the Alice theme. My clock here is a digi stamp from Smeared Ink and I've mounted Alice with a brad as if she were one of the hands and she does rotate. I'm afraid these days I feel alot like Alice. Time just seems to get away from me and sets me spinning! (Of course it doesn't help that I'm so easily distracted and the consummate procrastinator! LOL)

The sentiment is a combination of computer generation and what was printed on the Webster's Page. I've used wire to attach the computer generated portion which I printed in olive on more of the blank part of the printed card stock and cut and embossed with my new Nesties Labels Seventeen. I love the thought of "living the life I have imagined" and better still that it's "never too late" to make that happen.
Now to get you even more excited about the challenge I have a couple of "sneak peeks" from the gals who bring you Whimsical Wednesdays. The first is from Jess. Again, I want to thank Jess for this fun and fabulous opportunity. OOOhhh, I recognize that face and it's one of my FAVES! Hurry over to see the completed project HERE and leave her some love.
And from Stephanie I see another peek of gorgeous hair! I'm sure you're excited to see what Steph has in store and you'll find the particulars of the Whimisical Wednesday challenge, Mr. Linky, and the prize info HERE too. Hope all you Alice lovers come and play along!

27 comments:

  1. Oh Donna I love it! You are sooo creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Jumping up and down in my chair* That card is AWESOME! I love the stamps you used and the combination of soft and pretty with dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    This card is amazing. The style and shapes are awesome. Gorgeous characters. There is so much in this card I see something different every time I look at it.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your card is fabulous. Wow, you sure are talented. You put so much work into this project, all the details are amazing:)

    It sounds like you and I are a lot alike. I totally struggle with picking paper. This process can take hours alone, sad right, I bet you are not that bad. Time getting away, oh yes, specially lately:)

    I am so happy and honored that you agreed to be our guest designer. I can't thank you enough and I KNOW everyone is going to love your project..I know I do.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lady! You can't fool me! This is NOT a card.....it's a M A S T E R P I E C E! WOW! It's amazing girlie! I love it! You never ever disappointment me! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love it. The creepiness and the softness go great!!! together. And i really like that wire you have going across it. And the fact that Alice spins. Wow-wee!!!
    Thanks for being our special guest!!
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! WOW-Wee!!! This card is FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very creative !


    Thanks for visit my blog and leave a comment !
    Have a great Wednesday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super dupa piece of art work it just awsome, I love it, the images are beautiful.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't say enough of your creativity my friend :P--adorable from the card shape to the little monsters--hehe


    just know i am your fan even things are a bit hectic right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is freakin fantasticly wonderful to say the least, I love love love this x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutly AMAZING! If I was to every receive a card like this, I would so frame it to display!! Beautiful work as always. TFS

    Carol
    http://caroleesscrappinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza girl - this is such a fun whimsical card! Lovin' it! Hallmark should watch their bottom line. Donna has it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this card! You are so talented! I'm excited to become a follower!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is waaayyy cool!! Love the big eyes on Alice and all the characters...those digi stamps you used are the bomb! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Donna! I thought I saw your card in my dream and then realized it wasn't a dream! This is too stinkin' cute for words! I just love the colors on the characters and the design was brilliantly thought out. Somehow, they remind me of my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is sooo much fun - am loving this cute yet creepy party you have going on here!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Job Ms. Guest Designer! Beautiful coloring! How lucky they were to have you today :-)
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Donna, this is a fantastic card. Love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The divine D has done it again, climbed down the rabbit hole and created a true work of Wonderful Wonderland. I LOVE IT! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your creation! I had fun doing the Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Always Crafting too!
    Your work is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing card. You always add so much detail to everything you do and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just entered my Alice in Wonderland LO over in the Whimsical Wednesday challenge!

    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/alice-in-wonderland-lo.html

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in awe of your creation! It's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg! This is pretty amazing! So many different components. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!