Monday, January 24, 2011

Macabre Monday Smudgetastic Challenge


It's another Macabre Monday and his week the newest member of the Macabre Minions, Andrea, is strutting her fabulously creative self by allowing the team access to her amazing personally drawn digis. WooHoo! We have a Smudgetastic (Andrea's blog name) challenge that requires you to use charcoal, pencils, chalk or whatever you can smudge when coloring your work (similar digi techniques allowed). Before I ever started paper crafting, my DH gave me charcoal pencils and a sketchbook to encourage my creative side and I did zip with them. Amazing I could actually find them, but I did and what better way to use them than to color Andrea's fab Bat Face.


She's cut and matted with my Nesties Large Octogons. The EK Success border punch was glittered by turning my card stock upside down in my Xyron and I finally figured out how to get my gems to stick to stick without using additional glue; stick them on BEFORE you sprinkle on the glitter...duh! Let's see how often I remember that in the future. LOL When I got her all assembled she sorta reminded me of Malificent from Sleeping Beauty and she looked like she had daggers in her eyes while gazing in the mirror (as I often do these days...getting old is not for wimps...sheesh!) hence the sentiment, computer generated. Might make a good birthday card, eh? The Gruesome Twosome and another lucky winner will receive some of Andrea's fab digis so I know you want to pull out your smudgeworthy mediums and play along. the rest of the Minions have some wonderfully creepy examples HERE.

17 comments:

  1. Donna, this is really cool! I love the border at the top! Great work with your "smudging!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job! Love the lips and the border! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word this is the spookiest face I've ever seen!! But I love it!It's fabulous and using the octagon nesties perfects that spooky face! Love this Donna So so creative!
    Must do a backtrack on your blog, I seem to have been away from crafting since Christmas!
    Big hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Donna...love the sparkley paper lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooohhhh... Donna, this turned out way cool, girl! Wouldn't want to get on HER bad side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this is just brilliant. You have well made this image look so cool. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is your personality shines through like crazy with one :-)
    I LOVE the look with the smudging.
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought there was a little something smeary about you. ;)

    This looks fantastic. I'd be totally intimidated to try that challenge - but you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with this image! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cool! Love what you did with this digi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turned out great! You do these well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I often smudge my work - but never on purpose!! Great job with this, Donna! That image is really striking and your Mirror Mirror sentiment ties in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My! This is so cool. I love it. Awesome shadowing! The border looks like spooky eyes staring back at you! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eerily stunning! You never cease to amaze me!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who would have thought to cut the face with a Nestibility...you are so dang creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!