Sunday, January 16, 2011

Macabre Monday Hell Hath No Fury Challenge


On week's Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House the challenge is "Hell Hath No Fury" and we're betting it's a popular one. LOL I, of course, have no experience in this matter, but if I did...

So anyway, I thought it was about time I did a Cricut card, being the Creepy Cricut Cween and all. I already had the sentiment in my mind. so I decided to make a bed shaped card using a bed from Everyday Paper Dolls with Design Studio. The stamp is Baby Cakes by Jill Penney and Daniel Torrente for Stampotique. The sentiment is computer generated, cut with my Nesties.
Fully opened, the card reveals the full intentions of the poor scorned girl. Obviously she's much happier with the thought. Revenge is so sweet. (dig the cute metal knife) The smiling face is that of Karin, another Stampotique stamp by Penney/Torrente. The blood spatter on the computer sentiment is from the Inky Dreams set from Smeared Ink.
Here you can see how both the bottom of the bed and the hand cut pillow open and how the front sentiment, secured with a skully brad, slides to open it. It really was fun to design and I hope you all find the humor in it. Now, if you want to see some hilarious crazy bee-otch projects along this line, check out the rest of the Macabre Minions designs at Haunted Design House. We're dying to see what you come up with.

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it. Never thought about using pop outs in my layouts before right now. Trying your idea on something in the next coming week for sure! Thanks! So good it is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG WOOOOOOOOOW I love this, I love this I LOVE this, hey did I say I love this already? This is FABULOUS and what an amazing idea!

    Hugs,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, you are brilliant! I love it, and wow, I can only imagine how long it took. Well, maybe not for you;) As soon as the second picture was revealed with all the sentiments showing I thought of Lorana Bobbit. Remember her...! Anyway, this is fabulous and thanks for making me laugh.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu are a total genius, this idea is too funny but the way you have created it is just AMAZING! You rock xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    This is a hoot of a card. I really appreciate the humour. The design is fabulous - I'm sure a few of us will be copying this style.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Donna, I thought I had seen everything but nothing even comes close to this. How creative! The inside sentiment is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaagggghhhh! OMG! Hilarious, girl! What an amazing design... Awesome job on the bed! Love the transformation from good girl to psycho chick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ARE brilliant...this is just the cutest card The papers are perfect, that bedspread looks like it is true fabric. Love it.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The work you put into your creations! It's amazing Donna! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo freakin' cute!! I love how it opens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! this is unbelievable!
    Love it, see you soon on Cuttlebug Tuesday!

    love
    Jannie
    www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your creativity and imagination knows no bounds, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... this card is great! I truly admire you creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, Donna, I might not say this often {wink} but this is your cutest Macabre Monday card ever!!!!!! :-) I loved it!! Just imagine; ME loving it is a big compliment :D

    I was nodding my head in agreement with the sentiment in front 'Never go to bed Angry' and reread the first line to make sure if it really was Macabre Mon... adn suddenly out popped the 'full intentions'!! :D Hilarius, I must say!

    Lovely lovely card :)

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so funny... wondering who will get this card. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Donna.. You never fail to surprise me. This one made me laugh.. I know so many ex's who at sometime were thinking exactly this. Your humour is contagious and your talent is endless.. I'm borrowing this one for sure.. Thanks for the inspo... Andy. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I seriously just laughed out loud and couldn't stop laughing when I saw this! I don't know what I like more, the crafting part or the sentiments!! You amaze me!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG How creative! I love it! Sometimes I swear we have another Stephen King in our midst!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!