Monday, January 10, 2011

Macabre Monday Bizarre Birthday Challenge


Eiyiyi! I'm so far behind! Two days of no crafting in preparation for my dinner party knocked me for a loop but for once I was able to relax and enjoy my own party so it was worth it. However, I was late getting my cards done (don't be silly, of course I don't plan ahead) and will be even later at posting them. Hang in there y'all. this week at Haunted Design House the challenge is Bizarre Birthdays. I had the sentiment in my head before I'd even designed the card and had several stamps in mind, but finally chose my Holy City stamps from Smeared Ink. Love the fabby graveyard scenes from Charleston S.C. So "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" dont'cha think? It's an A2 card (rare for me) using my Wonky Squares Nesties and the off cuts from my "Cracked" punch around the page set by MS. The sentiment is computer generated and the cool metal skull brad is by Recollections.

Inside, more tombstones, matted in red with drippy goo punched at the bottom. HeeHee! As Barb said, great for a milestone birthday, no?

Just did a bit of popping and that it. So why did the darn thing take me hours to finish? I'm sooooo ADD! LOL So go see how the Minions are celebrating this week. The cards are really a hoot and I know you'd love to play along. This one's a good one! And don't forget to pop back for my BBTB2 card a little later on. Need some breakfast now, though.

14 comments:

  1. hey lady! good morning!
    we are all coldy over here but I have been enjoying some crafting time this weekend and playing with the Imagine more.
    so glad the dinner went well!!!

    really neat/strange project! LOL! love that tiny skull, so cool!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! When I was a freshman in college, my slightly older roommate was complaining bitterly about being so old.

    Since I didn't have a card like this one, we threw her a wake with sympathy cards, black crepe decorations and a coffin-shaped cake :D. She never complained about age while I knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomely creative card! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just awesome Donna!!! love the colors!! and the sentiment is TDF!! lol! no pun intended ;)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is definitely a DONNA card.. glad you were able to enjoy your party. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,
    I don't do "macabre" myself but I have to admit your sense of humour with these cards has me creased with laughter. What a girl. This is a real Donna card.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sure I commented on your card this morning but must have been half asleep. This is just wonderfully funny and quirky you are a true nutcase hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your dinner went well. Your card is so amazing....beautiful in an eerie way! Great job. I also love your card on BBTB2...love the soft colors. You are truly talented when you can go from such a spooky card to such a soft calming card and still have them both turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. D-
    So clever and funny. Even though in a way, it's morbid, I love it.
    NJB

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been awhile so I've got some catching up to do. Great card, love the sentiment and the touch of red is really eye catching. Glad to hear your dinner party went well and you were able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just get such a kick out of your macabre and bizzare creations. Only you can get that reaction from me. Haven't been around for awhile, so I'm going to do more browsing.....

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! Wonder who's receiving this... I hope they aren't as scared of your Macabre Monday cards as poor ol' me is! LOL!! Very creative sentiment though :-)

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG... this card is just gorgeous... kinda bizzare to say that about a cemetary but it is! Nothing I would do BECAUSE I can barely stamp a sentiment let alone this! I love the sentiment to... was laughing so hard ~ but it is so true... still laughing. Love the colors you chose. I am a follower now.
    TFS
    Kim H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!