Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Holly or Fairy Challenge and Tiddly Inks Refresh Me


Yea! Bah!Humbug! is back with their first challenge of the year. I know many are totally done with Christmas, but I'm raring to go. The gals are making it easy this week, allowing either holly or fairies for the challenge, but I immediately thought of Holly Bug from Tiddly Inks so I could do both. It is also the first challenge of the new year for Tiddly Inks and we have some changes on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog. Our Design Team is divided into an A and B group and being on the B team, my Tiddly Inks card this week did not have to follow the current challenge, but I love the idea of a "refreshing" all white card with the only color being that of the image, so I decided to meet the current Tiddly Inks challenge with this card as well.


I cut Holly Bug and her frame with my Nesties. The background mat is embossed with the Cuttlebug Holly folder. I used white peelies to hide the raw edges and used the MS double scallop border punch on the bottom edges of the card. All I needed then were some adhesive pearls and an organdy bow for embellies. Be sure to check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and read about the exciting new images, challenges and prizes we have for the new year. And I know at least a few of my friends who vowed to get a jump start on Christmas cards for this next Christmas so now's the time to get going with a little help from Bah!Humbug! Oh, and hey, if you get a chance, take a scroll down to see my Whimsical Wednesdays Guest Designer card. This week's theme is Alice in Wonderland and I'm really proud of it.

24 comments:

  1. Donna, I love your card! It is so fresh and clean. I love the little stamp too, of course you did an awesome job coloring her. I never knew there was a bah humbug challenge blog. I have to go check it out. I am going to try to get into both of these challenges this week:)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! She and the card are beautiful! I love the whole design of the card. So inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - you never stop amazing me girl! This is flippin' fantastic! I love the holly embossing and the scallopy edges at the bottom! Beautiful!!! Sorry I've been a bit MIA from your blog!! I've missed so much - but you are fantastic!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Holly Bug card!!! So pretty too set off by all the white detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh donna she is just absolutely gorgeous hun, i love the embossing and hollybugg looks awesome. I really do need to keep on top of my christmas cards this year so I should maybe start making some!!! hue hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna you never fail to amaze me. This card is just gorgeous. Love the 'whiteness' and the image is just the cutest.
    So glad you joined us again at Bah! Humbug! Fingers crossed for the prize draw.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back at Bah! Humbug! again this year Donna. Love the crisp, fresh look of this card with the embossing and pretty scalloped edges. Your wee fairy is so cute popped on at that jaunty angle. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the prize draw.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely Donna. The embossing is perfect and I love the touch of the pearls...makes it very elegant. The image is darling and the coloring is nicely done. Also love how you gave it dimension with the border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna,
    Wow this is totally stunning. I love the deatail and the gorgeous image. The embossing and Punched borders are fabuous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love white on white cards! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this sweet image! Perfect for the challenge, as is the white on white. Gorgeous card, Donna! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! As always! That image is just way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOW PRETTY!!! Love the scallop edges, especially all in white. Sweet little Holly Bug is just perfect with the holly embossing folder. And of course, you still have your tree up for inspiration! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh perfect timing - I'm just working on a card that's white on white and embossed - think I'll get through it OK now I've been inspired by this beauty!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is anything but Bah!Humbug! :-)
    Love the white!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh oh oh it is definitely a winter winner, love the white and your superb embossing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Donna! I love the frame you used with the image and hollybugg is so sweet!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Donna! I too love all white cards and that adorable image is just perfect. Sorry I haven't been around much - hope to get back in the groove. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Holly embossing folder is one of my favs...love how you used white! The image and coloring are perfect...as always!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just so soft and delicate. What an adorable image - and perfect against the white background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute. I love the double scallop edge and the image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore your white cards with embossing. They always look so elegant! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!