Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh Alice! Chapter 46: Queen Alice


Just squeeking in at Oh Alice! today. An unforseen interruption in my crafting plans led to this rather hastily put together card. The challenge is to choose between the Red or White Queen's Court. Red being my favorite color, the choice was obvious. Had I had my wits about me (or wanted to keep them, I might have chosen differently. LOL) The quirky image is another from the Octopode Factory. (Love her 'do and the way her crown is permanently embedded in her skull!). Her scepter has gone missing amongst the thousands of scraps and other crap on my table. The red lace doily is a die from the Scrapping Cottage. It didn't show up against the red background, embossed with a 5x7 Cuttlebug Folder that was part of the Valentine bundle (from last year?) so I added a gold foil doily that was laying on my table which led to the other gold embellies that were also not part of the original plan.

The playing card is from a Stampin'Up set and the sentiment is done with my Dymo Caption Maker. Sorry no links to the stuff today. I gotta get this in and it's past Happy Hour.

17 comments:

  1. Donna - oh so adorable!! You rocked this challenge - love the heart doily and the playing card - how perfect - I would love to see your stash!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is freaky deaky cool. I love the red card and all of the red and gold fancy stuff behind it. Beautiful card and quirky cool too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg donna she is so funky freaky cool hun!! love her crown, that'll never fall off!!! lol!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it so much! You are rocking my scrapbook world. I've tried three things I've seen on your blog now. Doilies! oooo...next distraction. Thank you (you may think it's all been done before but the way you do it sings to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is too adorable. I love your Queen....she's sooo cute! The doily makes a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh look what you did, I am sure you have taken a trip down the rabbit hole, cause how else could you capture this so perfectly, ROFL. Love it dear one. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty cool stuff!!!
    sorry I've missed commenting on so many goodies....
    awesome as always hun!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done Donna! Love the image and love all the attention to detail you always use. Awesome!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, another awesome creation!!! Love the card and the gold doily behind her! Beautiful, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She makes me smile! I feel like she looks :-) Love the red (my fav too) and gold together! Love that doily!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Donna this is awesome! Not only is the image fabulous but the red and gold doilies are perfect. Love the playing card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is FANTASTIC Donna!!! i love that Lily at Octopode!!! Snarky and fabulous!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gold doily and other touches of gold make this card! I always love your little touches. I hadn't noticed that the crown impalement!! That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is totally fab Donna! love the use of the playing card. such great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My! Am I conflicted or what! An absolutely gruesome, elegant card! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. It may be hasty but you would never guess to look at it! Love Iracebeth, and the gold doily and playing card are the perfect backdrop! The sentiment is a favorite of mind and so suitable! Thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice! and hope you'll be a regular at The Altered Alice in future!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!