Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot Inspired by a Book Challenge


Yea! The Cuttlebug Spot is back and we're full of inspiration, both for our readers AND the Design Team. Each week this month we are asked to be inspired by something and today's inspiration is a book. Of course my mind went immediately to "Alice in Wonderland", but I thought I'd branch out a bit and used some of my new Cuttlebug goodies so I chose "Bambi" instead. (Yes, it was a book before it was a movie.) I actually have 2 new folders that feature a deer but decided that this Sizzix Dearly folder by Basic Grey was the way to go. It's actually a Christmas folder and has some snowflakes, etc. on it so I did some major fussy cutting to extract the deer and swirly foliage from the background. The fabulous frame is the new Cuttlebug Carly Emboss Plus Folder and I've colored the embossed areas with a white gel pen.
The frame is popped for dimension and I added two Nesties Petite Scalloped Oval layers around the opening. There's additional texture with Swiss Dots (a new folder, I actually WORE OUT the old one) behind and the sentiment is a clear stamp from the Oh Deer! Technique Tuesday set, mounted on Nesties Mega Ovals and Scalloped Mega Ovals LG. (Do you believe all of the Ovals they have? VERY confusing!) Final touches were some butterflies punched with an MS punch and the ever present adhesive pearls.
I'm getting somewhat anxious here since I've got lots to do today, so I may have jumped the gun a bit by posting before the new challenge is on The Cuttlebug Spot blog, but be sure to pop by later to check out the fab new creations by the team. I'm also entering this in the Sentimental Sundays Celebrate Friendship (plus sentiment) challenge.

30 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love the colors and the pop-up! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautifully done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab job and what a great idea for a challenge. Will have to give that one a go.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Donna this is stunning, love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
    And my mind automatically thought of "Alice" when I saw this challenge.
    Thanks for the inspiration. I hope you aren't to stressed out.
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, my friend, it's simply beautiful!!! Well done!

    I'll have to pay closer attention to my Cuttlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just precious! Love the attention to the embossing on this (its Cuttlebug Spot so that makes sense! LOL!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna and Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were wonderful. Mine were lovely but it's nice to be back and to catch up on my read list :) Oh this card is darling! I love all the textures and detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is amazing! All the hard work and time you put into it certainly paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is simply gorgeous...every bit of it! love it--

    i am very lazy since the holiday vacations, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors on this! Especially how the white looks embossed next to the green. Your not alone, I have worn out two Swiss Dots Folders, now I always keep a back-up, LOL!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS! Those little added butterflies are so stinkin' cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fabulous Donna! What a labor of love!

    Best wishes for 20111

    ReplyDelete
  15. extremely pretty I could see this as a baby gift for a wall in their nursery, beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, I love the colors on this! The clean, white fussy cut pieces really pop! Hmmmm.. haven't seen this Emboss Plus folder yet. I've been missing out on so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna I love this card design as well as the colors. I was not aware of the "Emboss Plus" products - wow. You do know that you are my paper crafting hero, right? I have missed checking your daily projects.
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donna this is beautiful!! I love the butterfly placement.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, this is such a beautiful card, I love everything about it, from the gorgeous embossing to your colour scheme. Thanks for joining us this time at Sentimental Sundays.
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, this is such a beautiful card, I love everything about it, from the gorgeous embossing to your colour scheme. Thanks for joining us this time at Sentimental Sundays.
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a darling little card and beautiful layout! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful! Definitely worth all the effort of cutting out the deer!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Donna,

    Your cards always amaze me!!! :) Absolutely beautiful!

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That deer is so cute - love the punny sentiment and the little scene you have created!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So, so sweet, Donna!! I love all the matching frames - and the butterflies! Your little deer really does look like Bambi!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I really like this one.. that deer just pops of the page.. Love all the ovals.. would so love to scrap with you and have you show me how you do this...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautifully done Donna. The little deer is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card BEAUTIFUL! the colors are so soft. Thank You for the comment on my blog. My Grandmother, "Bubbie", had that horrible disease along with 9 other siblings. We see some signs in my Mom. My Dad on the other hand has M.S. He has been the best patient I could ever ask for... my wonderful husband graciously moved them into our home so I can have some peace of mind about 11 years now! Looks like you got your Dads talent! Your creations are gorgeous!
    TFS
    Kim H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!