Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot Be Inspired Challenge




If you've been following The Cuttlebug Spot this month, you 've noticed each challenge was to "Be Inspired". This week is no exception, with the inspiration being a magazine ad. With all this crafting going on, I've let most of my mags expire but I did find a copy of Architectural Digest which saved the day. (Not much goin' on in BonApetit, I must say). My interpretation is a bit feeble, but I did manage the colors (sort of) and was able to use another of my Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folders called Perfect Perennials. I cut using kraft card stock and went over the embossing with my Copics. Behind the cut out I used Birds and Swirls. The butterfly is an MS punch and the "Thank you" is from the With Gratitude Card Making Combo. I added a few Prima flowers and some adhesive beads and that was it. Pretty simple. Now go have a look at the creative designs by my teamies. We hope you'll be inspired to play along.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    This is gorgeous. I love the Butterfly. Fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Donna! Inspirational challenges can be very fun, and I love what you did with it! Have a great afternoon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is so pretty! I love the colors and those flowers! You are such a versatile artist!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inspiration has worked it is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna it is striking, stunning and fab. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your work Donna, but this one has that extra something. Great job. Thanks for sharing and always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, what an elegant card. Just gorgeous! Love the way it mimics the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the butterfly Donna. Really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't know how you do it....crank out beautiful gorgeous card after beautiful gorgeous card on a daily basis! WOW WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super - just so soft and delicate! I loved seeing the inspirational ad too. I love your coloured embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty!!! Love the embossing, love the soft colors....it's beautiful !
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - love the way you've coloured the embossing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is beautiful Donna! I love the soft colours and that embossing folder is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty....you make such great use of your tools.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card girlfriend, and in my favorite colors too. Very soft and elegant I must say.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything about this is simply beautiful. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!