Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Charisma Cardz Challenge


So I've had loads to do to get ready for a dinner party tonight and hadn't planned on crafting at all the past couple of days. It does take me awhile to wake up though, and I popped in on my dear friend and DT sister Julia's Blog yesterday morning and saw the blog hop for Charisma Cardz Challenges and decided to hop along. It was a super hop and at the end I saw that you must complete the current challenge to be eligible for the prizes (and WOW what a list of prizes!) so I thought I'd make a quickie and join in. The challenge is a birthday/celebration card and you get an extra entry if you incorporate the number "2". I checked out my digi stamps and the first one (that was easy to color) was this adorable Pure Innocence by Heather Ellis.
Now I really didn't have much time and I usually spend hours looking for paper but as I was browsing my files I came across the Colored Birthday Background printable stamp from The Cutting Cafe and thought it would be perfect. I did something a little different this time when printing my stamps. I knew I wanted to do a Nestie frame around my image so I measured the rectangle and sized my image accordingly, but instead of printing the image and the background separately, I just plunked it right on the background and printed it as one piece. (That made for a little added pressure on the coloring front, but I thought this image would be hard to mess up and the colors I wanted to use were right there to look at. WooHoo!) The circle sentiment is from the Assorted Celebration Word Circles, also from The Cutting Cafe and I added the epoxy "2 U" and a little ribbon garnish. the border punch at the bottom is the old favorite Threading Water by Fiskars. Happy 2nd birthday Charisma Cardz Challenges. I'm sure I'll be playing along with again.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    I ove the bright colours and the layout on this card. Really cute image and great sentiment. A wonderful card.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the bright colors and the little green gingham ribbon. Gingham just seems to warm everything up. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute
    Thanks for playing along with Charisma
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super cute.....2 cute in fact! Have fun at your dinner party. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cut eand simple, but you are a brave lady printing that image right in the middle like that. I just wish I knew how to do that kind of new fangled stuff on my computer.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just darling, and I love how your maneuvered the image in the center. Great card.... love all those bright colors. Have fun at your din din party.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh!! what a fabulous card, thanks for joining our Birthday/Celebration challenge at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you!! What an adorable card - and how clever the way you did the image. I never would have guessed that it was all the same piece of paper. Fabulous idea! Great thinking with the 2U as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you are so good... I love it, simple yet adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, Donna! Enjoy your dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a FABULOUS idea - LOVE that background!!! And I'm sure you didn't have a worry in the world with your colouring!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great quickie card and hope you dinner was fab! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. What a perfect background for this little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very clever printing, and effective, too. So bright and fun!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! She is so sweet! I love the background. The colors just are so happy!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!