Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tiddly Inks Clock


My project for Tiddly Inks this week actually started last week with the Just Be Me Challenge. While perusing all of Christy's adorable images looking for something that fit, I came across Time Will Tell. Time seems to be getting away from her and that's exactly how I've felt since maybe October. I had a tough time with a layout however, and eventually put it aside for a future date. Then I came across a quote on the sidebar of Disney Dreamer's Designs (Melissa's Blog) that made me LOL. SOOO ME and perfect with Time Will Tell! I've only modified it slightly and decided to make a little clock to hang in the craft room and keep me on track (yeah, right!) Well, at least it will keep me smiling. The frame is a little $3.00 number from Walmart, the only one I could find in the right shape. The DP is Heidi Grace.

I've colored Time Will Tell with Copics (notice she has red hair) and cut her out and matted her with my Nesties Labels Seventeen, then inked with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass while she was still in the die. I used my Cropadile Big Bite to punch the hole for the clockworks (several times to make it big enough).

Here's a better view of the sentiment and the little embellie in the corner which is a Dienamics Die from My Favorite things. The leaves are hand cut. This is definitely one of my favorite quotes right now which fits right in with the current Quote Me Challenge at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and there's still loads of time left to play so why not take a look.
Edit: WooHoo! Hot off the press! There's also a fab new release at Tiddly Inks that includes these adorable images and check out Fabulous Inky Friday for even more creative inspiration!

25 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    What a wonderful project. This is an amazing piece of crafting.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me smile ... so adorable and very clever, too! I can certainly relate to that sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...that is so me today! Super cute, i love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! TFS :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is freakin amazing, you could well sell these on etsy and rake in the shiny sheckles. Gorgeous work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Donna this is so lovely, great job.
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it and it pit a big smile on my face...that is exactly how i feel too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *shaking head* The woman makes clocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, this is fab, Donna!! Love your clock :)Agree with the others - you make clocks too!! How cool is that!?! :-)

    Hugs,
    Smita
    PS: and you sent me that paper too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you made a clock!!! LOL It is just gorgeous!!!! :) I never know what time it is....I haven't worn a watch in years. Without my trusty iPhone, I would never be on time....who am I kidding. I am late to everything. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, this is WAY too cute!
    I just love it!
    And yeah...the saying is something else! LOL!
    Enjoy the nice weather...I hear we're at the end of it..what a shame!
    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Donna - this is so cute! I have that paper and several clock-works, so all I have to do is go to Walmart to get the frame and Tiddly Inks for the image and I can copy this-LOL! It's such a fun creation. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Donna this is amazing! How clever to make a real clock!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Donna, can I say that you are a creative genius. Love everything about your project. The image is so adorable and colored to perfection. Love the sentiment too, boy can I relate. My mojo ran a way a couple of days ago and has yet to return. Can you send some of yours to NY??

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever my friend--what a great idea!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, wowser, you are so creative, I love everything about this amaizng creation. Hope you are well. My visit is long overdue. Have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just want to put another comment on this cos it is that freakin good. I showed my hubby and he was wow that is impressive hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is so amazing. God Bless you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute,cute,cute, girlfriend! Now you should always be on time and 1st!!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous project. The sentiment is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet, sweet clock!! I just love the little sentiment - as it fits perfectly with my 16-year old daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!