Monday, January 24, 2011

BBTB2 Butterfly Challenge


This week at BBTB2, the lovely Lori chose the beautiful butterfly from Once Upon a Princess. Who knew? and it's a great one too with all kinds of fabby layering. This is actually my second design and second attempt at cutting the second design because I just couldn't make up my mind what to do (and the cuts I did with yellow black and orange turned out looking more like Halloween than the monarch and swallowtail vision I had originally. Not that I don't love me some Halloween, but...) Anyway, this isn't a card but possibly a wall or door hanger. Maybe I'll even frame it so I can gaze at it when I'm feelin' the need to fly away. The base shape is also from OUAP and Fly is from Straight From the Nest. All of the butterflies are welded to the word using Design Studio. I finally settled on a color scheme from the gorgeous background paper from the Jubilee stack from K&Co.

Loads of dimension here, as you can see. I'm never really happy doing flat things. At the last minute I decided to give them antennae so out came the wire.
I wasn't quite sure how I was going to layer up the butterflies either, so I cut them in all of the colors so I could have lots of options. And of course, the pearls... Now remember, if you don't have Once Upon a Princess you may use a butterfly from ANY cartridge (and we all know there are TONS!) so you have NO EXCUSE not to play along. Check out the fabulous inspiration pieces by my DT sisters HERE and have fun!

32 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY gorgeous my friend... love those antennas. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna ... This is adorable ! Great job !

    Have a great Monday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! Love the papers, the design, and of course all the layering! Beautiful as always, Donna!! :)
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, as always...this is an eye stopper. You just land your eyes on this card and they linger, drinking in the talent that put it together. Donna, these papers are outstanding, the shape is so unique and wonderful, the butterflies....the sentiment....ALLLLLLL fantastic.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    I love butterflys and the colors and the pearls, WONDERFUL. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think you need to frame this one! It is just beautiful and a perfect reminder to just fly......
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know its been said, but this piece of art is GORGEOUS!!! and love the color combo... I have to take a look at that stack?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful...loving the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza! Very pretty! What are you doing with all this gorgeous stuff you keep making?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, I am in love with this card! Gorgeous colors and beautiful design! Happy hour started a little early so I'll catch ya tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous Donna! The colours are just beautiful! Wish I'd put antennae on mine. I did think of it but sleep was beckoning me lol!
    Fabulous creation as always!
    hugs
    juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhh...just gorgeous! It would look great in my room! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOLI CRAP DONNA!! Wow this is a class A gorgeous card lady!! Well, really that's all you ever make. Just GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I'm brand new to anything paper and to the cuttlebug. SO glad I found you.
    AWESOME
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't check subscribe to follow-ups. LOL.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Donna,
    Another fabulous creation. I love the layering and the depth you have given this. Gorgeous butterfly. Brilliant work.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is STUNNING Donna!!! just divine!!!

    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of the first things I noticed were the wire antennae - so good for you putting them in! Your dimension is fabulous - and you always know just where to put your gems and pearls. GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous!!! The color are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna this is gorgeous - I love the paper you used!! Fabulous girl!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another beautiful creation!!! Love the shape...the papers...its a beauty!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! Love the color scheme and all the pearls. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How awesome! I love the background paper and the color choices. It's absolutely beautiful and I think it would make a great plaque for those "blue" days!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your color choices and all the layers, so Donna-esque!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a beautiful card...in every way. I love the soft colors and your butterflies are so pretty. I also love how you did the wording.....awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic shaped card!you rock, girl! :-)

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning masterpiece Donna! I know you are putting this one on your wall, or maybe mine....hehe!!Just beautiful my friend.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous as usual Donna. Beautiful color combo and so much detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!