Sunday, January 2, 2011

Macabre Monday Nightmarish New Year


We're BAAAck! time for a new Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House. It's a new year and we're exploring all of those well meant but PITA New Year's Resolutions. Mine's pretty self explanatory and uses one of the new Occasions Lil Grumpies Set from Smeared ink (so is the "bottoms up" sentiment). He's (she's?) colored with Copics and metallic gel pens and I've used Rain Dots for the champagne bubbles. "bottoms up" is also part of the Grumpies set which I crossed out with a pen.
The green foil mat is embossed with the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles folder (how fitting) and the label cross the bottom is from my new Dymo Caption Maker. Remember those things? They're back! The fabulous "Dreadful resolutions" sentiment is a freebie from Tiddly Inks. You can snag it on Christy's blog or in our Tiddly Inks PCP group HERE. So come on guys, get your creep on, check out the rest of the minions resolutions and play along with Macabre Mondays. And just in case you think I'm getting soft with a pink and green color scheme here, just think of the green as bile and the pink as petechial hemorrhage. (Have a nice day!)

16 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I LOVE this!! This is so ME! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just brilliant, love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna! I LOVE your way with words! Bile and hemmorages! Cute card with your lil' drunk Grumpy and all.
    Cheers to a fabulous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card...really like this one.
    Thanks for sharing....I love your style.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut up! You are so cracking me up with your very last comment! Ha!
    You were only getting soft if you found a way to add a bow to his (or her's) head! LOL!
    Great project and REALLY a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's my sentiment exactly...love this one. Love the green foil and the embossing and the image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me up until the "bile and ... petechial hemorrhage," LOL! Great card!

    Looking forward to 2011 and all your wonderful creations.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh you never disappoint, love the pink and green. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, I love this card and if I can stop laughing at it, I can come back and leave a much better comment about it!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a masterpiece! Again, I wish I had a boxful of these to hand out - I love it! The green tiny metallic bubbles and the great sentiment - Perfectly putrid *giggle*!! Love it. I want one of those label makers!!!! I had no idea they could do more than one font nowadays :D Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL...Super cute. Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this one I can really relate to!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!