Saturday, August 10, 2013

Smudgefest Day 6, the Dreaded Sketch!


Still hangin' in there with Smudgefest, although this morning my heart stopped as I viewed the DREADED SKETCH!  I suck at sketches because I have no imagination.  I feel compelled to take them literally and today was no exception.  However, not to be undone, I faced my fears and decided to combine it with the Freaky Freebie Challenge on the Smeared and Smudged Forum and used Anya from the Glam Vamps set.  (Just so happened I already had the set, but Anya is the freebie this month for that challenge). I started thinkin' on DP to use and decided that one with blood spatter would be apropo so I called up this lovely from Crafty Chaos (alas, the shop is closed).  As I was sizing in my Printmaster program I stuck Anya in the center and realized I might just be able to do the majority of this digitally so I gave it a go.  I'm obviously no pro at this but at least it doesn't suck.  Even kinda proud of the shaded parts.  I'm too lazy to learn to color digitally, however, so Anya is done with Copics.


Here's the sketch.  See what I mean...pretty damn literal.  That line down the side was a bit of a heart stopper but I just couldn't let it go.  More blood seemed just the ticket but went back and forth between nail polish and reinker that SURPRISE was still laying out from yesterday (and probably will remain out forever like the majority of my supplies) but the polish was a bit sluggish so reinker it is.  DONE!  and it isn't even lunch time.  WooHoo!  Oh, and because I think the sentiment is kind of a giggle, I'm entering it in the PunkYouGirl Dark Humor Challenge and Left of Center using the LOC theme as well.

9 comments:

  1. Love this...especially the blood drip! Awesome work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...you rocked the sketch! The blood drip is a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read you did this digitally. WTG! Your sentiment totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to smile when I read that you take sketches literally - so do I - I feel it's cheating to adapt them, somehow! You rocked it anyway, fab image, beautiful work! Thanks for joining in the fun at LOC! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Donna and you have done the sketch perfectly I love using sketches as you get a different look each time you use one
    I love how you got the line of blood too very imaginative thanks for playing along with us at PYG great card
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Donna! Love it for your Sketchy Saturday and thanks for joining in at PunkyouGirl Too! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sentiment and the dripping blood.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna! This is a cool card. I admittedly struggle with sketches as well. I tend to follow them VERY literally, and the card I posted yesterday (on my blog) was my first time stepping outside the box a bit with a sketch. I always feel when I do step out creatively, the people won't see my vision and won't think "I played fair". But nonetheless, I gave it a try. Thanks for sharing your card based on a sketch. You did a great job.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome love the blood a great card thanks for playing with us at PunkyouGirls

    Big Hugs Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!