Friday, August 30, 2013

Dilly Beans Scrapbook or Journal Page


Yikes, the Fridays are coming fast and furious and this weekend unofficially marks the end of summer...bummer!  We'll still have lots of fun challenges at Dilly Beans, however and this week is a doozy; make a Scrapbook or Journal Page.  WWWAAAYYY out of my comfort zone.  I love the whole idea of art journaling, but have yet to sucessfully embrace the whole arty, inky, painty, collagey background thing.  I think I'm just too uptight.  Can't just let things flow.  I sure admire those who do, though.  So it should be no surprise that this is my third attempt at a background.  It's mostly done with Dylusion sprays, then a Spellbinders die cut from another sprayed piece.  The "road" is done with Distress Ink and a sponge over a Diane Reaveley mask.  Fortunately, I knew what I was going to say, a quote from Lewis Carroll, although that's not exactly as it's written in Alice in Wonderland.  It's more the gist of the conversation between Alice and the Cheshire.  Wish I had the talent or at least the nerve to  try some fancy hand journaling, but hey, it was already late in the game.  I've used #152 Alice, #153 the Cheshire and #358 Mushroom Set, printed, colored with Copics, fussy cut and glued to the page.  These still are some of my very favorite Dilly Beans images.  My teamies have done some fabulous work so I hope you visit the Challenge Blog for a little inspiration and come join us this week.  It really was fun.  And have a wonderful, safe 3 day weekend.

3 comments:

  1. look at you jump into the unfamiliar side, and no surprise with flair and style, of course you are a natural, it just takes time for it to click, love it, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super SUPER cute. You ARE a natural. Hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute, Donna. Love the altered Alice projects you make!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!