Thursday, August 29, 2013

Marshall Tucker at Yoshi's in Oakland


Sorry, I'm having a bit of a crafting crisis so I'll share something personal for a change.  I don't know how many of you remember (read: are old enough to know) the Marshall Tucker Band (70's Southern Rock) but we saw them Tuesday night a Yoshi's Oakland.  Fun small venue (normally a jazz club) and the opportunity to meet the band and have first or second row seating.  that's hubby, Doug Gray (lead singer), me and Rick Willis (lead guitar).


Only one original band member left, Doug Gray, but they've kept true to their roots and the musicians are amazing.  Here with the fabulous Marcus Henderson who plays keyboard saxophone and flute which I mention because of the next song.


My fave song is "Can't you See?"  Well, DUH!  It's EVERYBODY'S favorite.  when Doug asked "What to you want to hear?" everybody yelled "Can't you See?" and he laughed and said "Well, of COURSE we're gonna play that!"



What I wasn't expecting was being pulled on stage to sing with the band.  Thank God I'd had several glasses of wine.  Anyway, super fun time and if you ever get the chance to see them, DO!  I promise you won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. You look tiny Donna. Little petite gorgeous witch that you are hehe. Don't know said band but will have a listen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Like a fun evening. My kinda music. I love how the kitty on your sidebar is rocking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I removed my previous comment as I misunderstood at first what I read. But yes I absolutely remember this band. Had at least one of their albums and listened to their music in the 70's if I remember correctly. Yes, I'm that old, too, and then some. Neat experience for you to be so up close and personal with the band! Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a tiny little thing, Donna. I would love it if you tell me this singing trio was put on youtube. Tell me, tell me.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!