Sunday, March 20, 2011

You're Just My Type


Instead of working on DT stuff I'm here screwing around on some "just for fun" challenges. First is Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead challenge which this week is typewriters. (Ya didn't think I'd let THAT one go by, did ya?) I KNEW I had some Graphic 45 paper I hadn't used so I was all up for this one and figured I could make a quickie. The typist and typewriter images are from the Communique Collection and the typewriter keys are punch outs from the Domestic Goddess Collection that I covered with clear epoxy stickers from J's. I designed a quick frame for them in Cricut Design Studio using George and then a tab from the From My Kitchen cartridges and printed it on my computer and stapled it on. Both the receipt and tiny calender are Tim Holtz Traveler Tissue Tapes (on SALE now at Custom Crops!)
The frame and keys are popped for dimension on a 5 1/4" square card. The corners are rounded with my Cropadile Corner Chomper. I'm also entering this is the Little Red Wagon Challenge which is Office Supplies. Finally, I'm entering this in Guest Designer Michelle's Challenge On Yvonne's (Do More With Less)Blog which is to do something out of your comfort zone. I'm a Cricut cutting, Cuttlebug embossing, stamp coloring kinda gal so I RARELY make a card that I "assemble" using primarily images, stickers or punch outs, etc that I didn't make myself. Okay, there's a little Cricut, but hey, you can't tell me that this looks remotely like my usual style. LOL
On Friday I scored BIG TIME at the Pleasanton Scrap Expo. All day yesterday I was lamenting the stuff I DiDN't get because I ran out of time but when I unpacked it all...HOLY SMOKES! I'm surprised my credit card didn't self destruct! So I'm outta here. Back to working on BBTB2. Yes, I ALWAYS wait 'til the last minute.

16 comments:

  1. LOL.. I was so bummed I forgot all about the Expo. I was planning on going and forgot about it.. :-( Yes I am surprise too that your credit card didn't self destruct. LOVE your card.. you do a super job no matter what you do. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! I love all the little "office" details - like the paper clip and tab as well as the others you mentioned. I FINALLY found some clear epoxy stickers (and thought of you when I bought them!) but have yet to use them. Have fun with all your loot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh yes! This is definitely less layered than your usual style Donna! ;) But still a fabulous creation! Love the bold colors! :)

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Michelle's challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabby card! LOVE it! I really love the old vintage typewriters. (Maybe because my mother had one, and it was the first one I learned on!)

    Wow - what a nice stash you scored! Happy shopping day, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this card!! It is just gorgeous and so different!!

    Well, that much supplies? Woo hoo!! Can't wait to see you use them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a haul! I hear ya on the CC lol!!! THis is a gorgeous creation so I am glad you paused from the DT stuff to create this typewriter inspired masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card with all the office supplies and of course, you found the perfect sentiment!

    OMG, I love your stash and all the Nesties! Did I see Peelies in that big ol' pile of Expo goodies too?!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! You rocked the details on this Typewriter challenge. I love the "typewriter keys" you've created, and I never thought of cutting the images out of Tim's tape - such a cute teensy calendar. Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Holtz would LOVE this!! and so do I :) WOW! I want to go to a Scrapbook Expo!!! Fun goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Hoarder, er... I mean, Donna. Just like everything else, you did a spectacular job being out of your comfort zone! Love the retro feel to the card and if I don't find those epoxy stickers next time I go to Jo-ann's I may just have a temper tantrum in aisle 5.
    As for that truckload you came home with...I'm pretty sure it's illegal to purchase over a ton of crafting supplies in one place, so ship some of it here to me in New York. I won't tell anyone, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, looks just like old fashioned typewritter keys. You are so amazing! Holy crap, what a haul, I can't wait to see what you do with all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember typewriters like those. I used/played with them as a child! Great vintage feel and I love all the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats a great card!! Thanks for the tips on the epoxy stickers. I have been wanting little typewritter keys but the tim holtz charms are to much so it seems like this would be a better way to go. And wowza, great haul. But i dont blae you, those expos bring it out in you. Its something in the air that makes your visa cry a little. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!