Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tiddly Inks Picture Me Challenge


This week at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog we have a super challenge. Besides the gorgeous Photo Inspiration, you must combine it with a shaped card NOT using your Cricut. My initial reaction to this was "I'm glad I'm on Team B and not required to follow the challenge this week, LOL" but Lysa has done a fab tutorial and the photo is really beautiful so I thought "Hey, it's a CHALLENGE, get that butt in gear."


I've used Lysa's Style 1 using my Nesties Labels 10. The only difference is I cut an additional mat to glue on top to hide the fold. I pretty much do that with ALL of my shaped cards, including Cricut, because it gives me a sturdier base on which to pop my images. Next came another mat using DP from Me&My Big Ideas in the colors from the photo above. I chose Tiny Dancer for the image because her tutu reminded my of the flower puffs in the photo (and because it's one of my favorite songs). She's colored with Copics.
The sentiment is a REALLY old word stamp from a set called Rubber Stamp Poet by All Night Media. It's cut with the the smallest of the Mega Ovals large Nestie and matted with a Petite Scalloped Oval Large. Does anyone but me get confused by these names? the sentiment is popped with a 1/16" dot and Tiny Dancer with 1/8" dimensionals. for the flower, I layered pink and orange tulle and cut it with my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. These thick dies do work in the Cuttlebug by eliminating the A Plate and sandwiching the die and what ever you're cutting between 2 B Plates. The layers (6 in all) are secured with a sparkly Doodlebug brad. There's a little tulle bow at the top, and some amethyst adhesive jewels for embellies.


Come on, peeps, this is not that tough a challenge! There has been a change in the Tiddly Inks Challenge criteria requiring the use of TI images only, but there are FREEBIES to be had HERE, and if you don't have any Nesties, you can check out some of the there ways the DT has created shaped cards. Christy even has a freebie Template available on her BLOG, so there's just no excuse! Christy is also previewing the adorable new images available this week so what are you waiting for? I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Mother'sDay/ Girly Challenge. Don't think I could get much more girly than this! AND on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog the challenge is Show a WORD! Mine is obviously "Dance".






21 comments:

  1. hiyah donna!!!! oh this is just so cute hun, i love the shape and the paper behind your tiny dancer is beautiful. hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna - this is simply gorgeous!! Love it with the Tiny Dancer tiddly image - and you layout and papers are scrumptious!!! FABULOUS!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it. all the layers & beautiful interpretation of the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous! I love the dancing princess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - your colouring is sooo soft and gorgeous - LOVE this. Fab job with the non-cricut shaped card too - welcome to my world - LOL
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, this is the cutest thing ever!!! Love the colors...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so girly Donna. Love the colors and your choice of Nestie for the shape really enhances the design. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous gorgeous and SOOOOOOO gorgeous!! you did an amazing job Donna!

    good luck with the challenges!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious...darling...cutest evahhhh. Nuf Said.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna!!! A shaped card without using the Cricut?? Who ever heard of such a thing! LOL! You did a fabulous job and I think she's adorable and beautifully colored! Awesome detailing as always!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna I LOVE LOVE this card. Totally wowed when I saw it. Love that color purple, the shape of the card is so elegant. And that image, she is too cute and of course you did a fab job with your coloring. I so love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna....lovely card great colours and I think playing with different shapes is just great been doing a few myself!!!! hope you are having a lovely weekend hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful inspiration and you really brought out the best from it in your card! It is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her purple hair and that you cut the tulle with a die.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the challenge! Your card is a perfect likeness of the photo inspiration. Love the pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card Donna! I love the color selections, especially the orchid. The ballerina is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't this adorable?! Great take on that photo inspiration! Love the tulle flower. You're just full of all kinds of new goodies, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!