Friday, March 4, 2011

A Cutie Couple From Peggy Loves Vintage


I've been dying to use this sweet little Dutch boy and girl from Peggy Loves Vintage Cutie Couples 3 cut outs but just couldn't decide on DP. I was drawn to the dark background and thought my new tulip border folder from Stampin' UP (thanks, Lillie!) was just perfect, but where would I go from there? I kept thinking tulips and Spring, but none of my pastels looked quite right so I leafed through my DCWV La Crema 8x8 stack and found this flocked DP that looked to me just like tulips. I lightened it up with a bit of lace and added some flowers from Making Memories Vintage Findings et Voila! it all came together perfectly. That's what I love about the Peggy Loves Vintage images, you can make a unique, professional looking card in no time at all. WooHoo! I left the sentiment off because I think it's pretty versatile and I love it so much I'm considering framing it.


Peggy has CD's and cut outs for every occasion so be sure to check out her Etsy, Ebay, or Web Store, and if you pop over to her BLOG, you just might find a freebie. She's such a sweetie that way!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh...that is adorable! Love the matching embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I could never give it away. It's a framer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna what a super card and another blog for me to go to...... you all save my life!, thank you soo much for your kind comments on my blog you went through it all bless you...and you encouraged me to get my cricut cartridges books out and make a card i will be posting later when I get it assembled but first my dear old mum...bless 93 in April and so wonderful to still have her hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Donna. I love you Dutch children. What a precious image and WHAT a precious card! Great job!!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love vintage and that is one darling image to work with...simply elegant girlie...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The DP paper is gorgeous Donna. It does look just like tulips. The embossed frame separates it perfectly and goes so well with the image. Beautiful job as always. I think it would be beautiful framed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. The lace bow is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!