Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot Buttons Challenge


Continuing our focus on embellies this month, our weekly challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot is buttons. I knew immediately I wanted to use the adorable La Mode dragonfly I'd gotten at J's awhile back and set about looking for a good embossing folder to use with it. I decided upon the folder from the Cuttlebug Friends Forever Card Making Combo and the "hello" sentiment from the Everyday Greetings set, both still available, and on SALE at Custom Crops. I fashioned antennae from fun wire I had strung though the holes in the dragonfly's body and took the colors from the wings and chose tiny buttons by Fabulous Findings (also from J's) to glue onto the embossed flowers. The sentiment was cut twice and glued slightly offset and I added a polka dot mat and it was done! Super simple but I love how it came out. Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot for more inspiration from the rest of the team. I'm also entering this in the My Partner In Crafting Crime Challenge which is conveniently, BUTTONS! WOW, short post! How about that?

23 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. The white is so clean and I love the splashes of color you added in! What beautiful embossing too. Okay...really heading over to custom crops now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is not only like you as cute as a button, but what a clever idea! I love the colors you have used and am in love with that folder!

    Love
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, nothing you do is "simple".. I love how you used the buttons, you are always so clever. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!..I love how you did the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, great idea for the buttons!! I have more buttons than I will ever use!! Well, maybe someday they will be worth more than coins --- better stash 'em! This card is so sweet and fresh! Hey, and thanks for all your visits to my posts! I am close to catching up, well, for now anyway. I'm off to see more of your masterpieces! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, simple but effective :-) Elaine PCC DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely card - love the colors and the "pop" of your buttons and butterflies!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so cheerful and whimsical. LOVE the colors and the dragonfly definitely landed on just the right spot! Dig those cute little buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so much fun!!! I love it!! I haven't seen that embossing folder, I don't think??? It's neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute spring card!! I love how you used the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply adorable! Just like you to rock another challenge!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've used the buttons, just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh WOW! this is gorgeous! thank you so much for joining us at PCC.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little card full of spring colors. Love the bright colors on white, it looks so clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh How clean but yet love the slight pop of color! I might actually have that folder and have never used it! Yo always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is super cute, Donna! The embossing looks awesome and love that little butterfly!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty! How it makes me wish spring weather arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is great love the image, this is such a clever use of buttons. Thank you for sharing this with us at PCC. Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect embossing folder for the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It makes me think summer and brings a smile to my face. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. super clever way to use those buttons!Thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafing Crime's Button Challenge!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!