Sunday, March 27, 2011

Macabre Monday Hacked to Bits Challenge (and Various Mother's Day Challenges...YIKES!) WARNING! Possibly Offensive!


Okay, before we even go there. I need to do a bit of a disclaimer. I was having a bit of a challenge with my Macabre Monday Hacked to Bits Challenge when I remembered this adorable image from Limited Runs Stamps. Little Madison with Hatchet, one of the Grimms, reminded me a bit of Lizzie Borden so...well, there ya go. What followed was a bit of my twisted humor which in no way reflects my opinion of my own Mom, or any Mom I know or have ever known so I really don't hope to offend here. Please blame the humor on WAY too much wine at Sunday Brunch and please forgive. The image included a collection of 6 of the images which I resized, then copied an pasted, until I got 54 of the little dears and then trimmed it down to 40. Then I made the computer generated sentiment and overstamped the whole shebang using the by Smeared Ink Inky Dreams Set in Aged Mahogany Distress ink. The sentiment was cut and matted using Nesties Labels Seventeen. I actually tried to hack my original attempt with an axe but it sort of made a mess, so instead I blew up the single Madison with Hatchet image and cut out just the hatchet to add to the front. The lovely roses are by Recollections from M's. Mom's Love roses!




Just in case you can't see some of the 40 little Madisons, here's a close up. Love doing my own DP! HeeHee!


And the beginning of the little Lizzie poem...


Now here's where I might be skating on thin ice. To whom would you send such a card? Well, all I could think about was Mother's Day, so here's the inside sentiment. Hoping I'm not going to lose followers over this! Check out s0me more Hacked to Bits Inspiration HERE AND because there are quite a few Mother's Day challenges out there I thought I'd stir up the pot a bit. (Besides, I've been dared by another of the Minions so ...) I'm also entering this in the following Mother's Day challenges (I'm not ALWAYS like this ladies, really, I'm not!): Simon Says Stamp, Mother's Day or Girly 2nd entry, Stampin'for the Weekend, One Stitch at a Time, Craft your Days Away, and I'm thinking I better quit while I'm ahead. Most are UK blogs and I'd hate to have my passport revoked.

31 comments:

  1. Offensive? NO WAY! It's fun and ... OK maybe a wee, tiny bit eyebrow raising.

    But that's wonderful! Really!

    Your hatchet girl and those Inky Dreams splatters are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONNA!!! LOL... soooo funny! What an amazing card. However, I understand why you felt you had to explain yourself for this one young lady -- everyone might not have understood. Next, a bit of advice, DO NOT give this card to your mother for Mother's Day (nobody's else's mother either unless they have a reeeeallly good sense of humor... or should I say macabre...LOL!!!

    I actually find it fun and not at all offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will only be offensive to those with a closed mind hun! You go for it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...I do enjoy your twisted humor! ;) This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    What a girl. Only you could come up with Lizzie for Mother's Day. I actually find it funny. The card is so well done - really looks bloodthirsty.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my hero!!! Even hubby got a laugh at this one, and he's not usually bothered by craft makes :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is how my husband feels about my mother LOL It is too funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats so funny!!!! Ummmmmmmmmmm give it your MIL...jk!!!! Jeepers!!! Lmao!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not even sure what to say about this one, Donna! LMAO!!! It's the most unique Mother's Day card I have ever seen in my entire life!! You contantly amaze me!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LITTLE TOO MUCH WINE, you say?? It must have been red and you spilled some on this card! You are a hoot! This really is an amazing card and, believe me, there are mothers out there who deserve it. Definitely not mine, either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Certainly a different take on mothers day, must be for a mom who loves horror movies!! Thank you fro joining us at OSAAT this week. Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANKS FOR JOINING IN CYDA WITH THIS FUN PROJECT GAVE ME A GIGGLE AND GOOD LUCK :)

    LIZ XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your so funny! Love all the little images, makes a great background! While I think my mom is my best friend I know quite a few people who wouldlove to send this to theirs, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great card!!! I Love it and so would my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna I love how you've done this it's just fantastic :) That is just one fab Mother's day card, and just showing how a digi can be used for almost anything thanks for doing this
    Hugs Nikki
    Limited Runs
    Your also invited to add in your creation in the customers gallery Here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my......I think I'm done here.

    NOT!!!! ROFL!!!

    I love it! TWISTED!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If my daughter gave me something like this, I would have tears of laughter rolling down my face. In fact, I already do. This is SO hilarious - and so Donna Mundingerian. Anyway, you put some nice flowers on it, so what's there to worry about?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love...Love...Love it!!! You are to freakin' funny! Anyone who would find this offensive needs to "lighten up"! Oh, by the way, could you send your card to my MIL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahaha. So perfect!! I have a tiny little Lizzie postage stamp image and have never been able to find an axe. I will check out Limited Runs Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this one. I totally understand your tought about this one.Great job.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is hilarious. You won't be offended if I don't copy this to send to my mom this mother's day, will you...lol. You did a fabulous job, love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, how gruesomely awesome! Yup, definitely twisted humor, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, that took a lot of "GUTS"! LOL! Send it to me, I'll appreciate it! Love the blood splatter. Is it still wet?

    ReplyDelete
  25. hahaha love it. Love the little Madison on the background. You have also given me my inspiration to enter Macabre Monday again this week! I JUST got the PERFECT idea from seeing this card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fabulous card, it's so original and bold, who wouldn't love it! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Mother's Day/ for a Special Lady challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I had to look up Lizzie Borden. This is seriously effed up haha you have been awarded the most macabre of the macabre minions mwahaha. Didn't know you had it in you x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh,Donna, I do love your sense of humor !!! My mother would have loved this card. Keep on creating those cards that are so different and so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  29. hehehe No offense! Super cool card. Maybe not for Mom but for MIL. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!