Monday, March 7, 2011

BBTB2 Boys Will Be Boys Ladybug Cut


It's time for another BBTB2 challenge and this week it's chosen by our dear leader, Heather. Her choice is the ladybug from the Boys Will Be Boys Cartridge or any ladybug from any cartridge. Good thing, since I don't have BWBB, but it was a tough decision to choose which other ladybug to use. One of my fave project of all time is the card I did from Doodlecharms which you can view HERE on the Custom Crops site and has a free .cut file available. And speaking of .cut files, I so appreciate you all liking my designs enough to ask, but when I design in DS my files are such a mess and changed so frequently that it would take me hours to clean them up for public consumption. They often also require an explanation and unfortunately I haven't the time to do that and therefor don't send them out. I'm really sorry, but thanks for asking.

So anyway, after checking out CricutSearch.com to check out all of the possibilities, I finally decided on the ladybug on the leaf from Live Simply and realized I didn't have that cartridge either. A short trip to WalMart remedied that and I set about designing. It is a combo of the ladybug and leaf plus the leaves from the flower that is last row, 3rd cut from the left on the keypad welded together and that shaped front welded to the last flower on the cart for the back. (BTW, I had to make a shadow for that flower in DS, no shadows on this cart...grrr) I sized those extra leaves separately so I had to hide contours of the second leaf in each case to get the final design. Make sense? Okay, maybe TMI. Does anybody really read this, or care? I do tend to ramble... In some cases I had to do a bit of hand trimming for the layers which was kind of a PITA but I didn't want to sacrifice dimension if I could help it.
With the card open you can see the shaped front and the Alpha Bead sentiment that was glued to be visible when the card is closed as well. Just a little embossing with Swiss Dots on the ladybug and Polka Dots (in sections, even though it's a 5x7 folder) for the inside flower. Dots and plaids are DCWV Nana's Nursery. Hope you like. My DT sisters knocked it out of the park this week (well, as always) so be sure to stop by BBTB2, and remember, although are challenges are weekly, YOU have 2 weeks to complete them and be eligible for our much sought after blinkie.

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I have to say that is probably my favorite lady bug cut. I made a card with it when I first got and it is kinda plain. I think I will have to try another with this little lady. You did an amazing job, and I really like what you did with the little beads. BTW, I read your post.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little shaped card which you are Queen at doing. I love your sweet little ladybug.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards always have so much to them and always turn out stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much detail to your cards. You always need to take a second look to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card Donna, love all the papers and layers, as always. I really do think you NEED to get the Bloom cart now, lol! I always wonder if people read my rambling post too, lol! I always do read yours because I always hope to learn something from you and I usually do, or at least figure out an easier way to do something, hee hee! And I can relate to being all over the place when I design in DS, even for something simple, lol!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I forgot to add, Loved the Custon Crop Ladybug I think I'll download the file, love how you did the antennas! Adorable!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek! Too cute! I love lady bugs! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. read what? what are we talking about?
    so anyways...lovin' this! its my fav cart right now by the way! cutest stuff on there!
    have I told you lately that I'm missin' you? I am!
    have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna! I always read your posts, but there are times you lose me. LOL! I got a teeny lost on this one. :) But I still read, and I do care! LOL! Your card is adorable! Love all your dimension too, of course! Hope you had a great weekend!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style, girl! Always amazing!

    BTW I have an award for you over at my blog.

    ;)Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous....and that does it. You've inspired me to set my cricut back up again. Are you proud of yourself?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome card Donna.....I love all the layers and it's dimension

    ReplyDelete
  13. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E as always! Love the layers and the alpha beads...always a winning combo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read it... lol.. I always enjoy your ramblings. Cute cute cute card. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Donna ... I think this is one of my favorites! That ladybug is just awesome ... well worth the trip to WalMart. I, too, always read your posts. Mainly because I find your shaped cards fascinating and I enjoy following the 'process' of how you put these together. Thanks for the inspiration. BTW, I love the pop of yellow behind the design ... brilliant!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, it would be hard to top that card you did for Custom Crops but I do really love this one too! You make the most amazing cards of anybody .. hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna,
    I do read and I do care...Great job as always Friend..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Donna! I shared a blog award with you on my blog, you can read about it here:
    http://stampinangeljenn.blogspot.com/2011/03/bld-7-and-sketch-saturday.html
    Peace & Hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Donna you make me so envious...a short trip to walmart its 7000 miles! but I do love it when I come over I fill my suitcase(the empty spare on I bring) full of crafting goodies especial cricut cartridges....this is a really great card and it cheered me up after a tough day bless Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! I think I was the only one that cart. I love looking at all the ladybugs. This is just darling (as usual), Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Mar. 08, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well at least you are the one going to Walmart this week, LOL! And...yes I read every word you write and know how much time and thought you put into each and every project. I think you picked the perfect ladybug and it's always fun to add a new cartridge! Sorry I didn't get to play along this week....

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the dimension you have on your cards. I'm fairly new to this and wouldn't have thought to use so many layers My cards are going to show a big improvement thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cute! I love the way the Thanks shows through to the front of the card. An awesome lady bug card Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've done it again -- over and over again -- another beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Donna you are amazing.....you are so freakin talented...this card is jaw dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Incredible and amazing as always. I'm going to have to take a look at that cartridge the next time I'm in Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Donna everything you do is so great, you are a true inspiration..I love all of your projects..

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute card! I've always loved that ladybug but am always too lazy to dust off my Cricut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!