Sunday, March 6, 2011

Macabre Monday Toe Tags and Body Bags


It's time for another Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House and the challenge this week is Toe Tags and Body Bags. Alter or create a bag or tag in a suitably macabre fashion. My tag was created with my Cricut using the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I created a shadow cut using Design Studio and tweaked the proportions of the tag so I could use a stamp from the As Death rubber stamp set from Smeared Ink. The "stone" layer was cut in white and inked with Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, and Forest Moss Distress Inks and run through the Cuttlebug using the Goochie Script folder (which is 5x7"). I used a Nesties classic oval to cut a window in this layer as well as in the As Death stamp. The wings and crown are from the Cuttlebug Emboss Plus Vintage Collage Folder and inked with the same Distress Inks.
Since the challenge said "toe tags" I made a skeletal toe using a chocolate pretzel mold and paper clay but removed one of the bone segments, since the mold was for a finger and I wanted a toe. I intended to suspend the tag from the toe but it ended up being sort of tied there with fibers from my stash. (Besides, it sort of filled a nasty void.)
The inner oval of the stamp is attached to the shadow portion of the tag with the wings behind. The next layer is popped with the arch of the wings and crown adding additional dimension. I'm kinda lovin' this one. AND I'm lovin' the fab work of the rest of the Minions so be sure to pop by and check them out HERE and why not play along?

19 comments:

  1. Great interpretation of the challenge! Love the toe bones! Also the sponging - that mix of shades makes great mossy stone, love that. I have been longing for that Vintage Collage die/folder and now I think it just went WAY up on my wish list, LOL! Awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag hun! Love all the yummy layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgoodness this is amazing! I have been wanting to enter their challenges but I just know it is outside my zone lol you are right in the zone! Loving it!!! It's like haunted chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    Fabulous tag. The layering is brilliant. I love the toe. You have such an imagination.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fabulous. Glad I'm not the only weirdo (meant in the nicest possible way) to use a toe hehe. Gorgeous work as expected x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulously creepy tag....I love the toe and wings, perfect embellies for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I call a literal interpretation of a challenge! Dig the tombstone effect with that fabulous stamp! I royal, flying skeleton...now that's a first! Sometimes your imagination worries me, Donna! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Donna! You always amaze more and more. I would love to spend a day in your head just to see how you come up with your creations. They are always so original:)

    Hugs
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So completely awesome! Love it all, especially the finger bone at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you are telling me that you happen to have a finger mold?
    Hummmmmm
    LOL! Okay lady this is strangely very cool! The script folder I love...and the coloring/inking is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love seeing your dark side. This is one awesome tag, Donna!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic!! I love the subtle distressed colors and the background embossed writing is perfect. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just genius Donna, so many different pieces that all work wonderfully together :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are hilarious! Only you would think of making a toe like this--I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talk about a toe tag... lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tag! Macabre or not, once you put your spin on it, they're all just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Only you would have thought of something like this and ths vision to pull it off. Great tag...toe and all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's so creepy chic!...i love all your cards...but i adore your macabre ones!...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!