Sunday, March 6, 2011

Missing - You Sassy Cheryl's Pearls and Satin and Simon Says Stamp Recipe challenges


A few public announcements:


If you're looking for the winner of my BBTB2 Blog Hop candy, please scroll down.


Also, My dear friend Margie's daughter Melissa has just started her very own blog called No Bees, Please and has made her very first card. Let's all welcome her to blogland and keep her creating. She's fab!


Now then, on to my card. I was visiting my sweet friend Barb and saw a gorgeous card she'd done for the Sassy Cheryl's Blog Hop. I just assumed she was on the DT because it was so darling (as they all are, but this one was especially) and I actually had the time to hop along. OH, what inspiration and the images were so stinkin' cute AND Cheryl just happened to be having a sale (which ended at midnight last night, but hey, digi's are a bargain ) so I had to buy some. At the end of the hop I realized Barb wasn't on the DT but was entering the weekly challenge which is Pearls and Satin and that the winner of the challenge wins a $25 gift certificate to buy MORE of the fab images sooo... I just had to sneak in a card to be elegible and besides, this image was really calling to me. This is May. She's cut out with Nesties Labels 10 and colored with Copics with a bit of inking with Antique Linen Distress Inks. Doesn't her wistful expression looks like she's missing someone terribly? I know all about that.


I've also been meaning to to play along with Simon Says Stamp again and the current No Cook Recipe Challenge is 2 patterned Papers + and solid card base and 3 different embellies. WooHoo! My pearls swirls are Zva Creative with a Prima pearl butterfly, the roses are also Prima and the satin ribbon is Offray. The DP is K&Co Blue Awning and I used both the front and back of a double sided sheet for my 2 patterns. Sorry I rambled. I'm kinda lonesome today and I'm procrastinating big time. Must get back to DT work!

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Donna, she is cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card! Gotta love Sassy Cheryl's images, eh?

    Thanks for the heads up about Margie's daughter starting a blog. I shall go check her out. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you joined us! Yes, Barb is one talented lady!!!!
    Your card is amazing as is the coloring! Thanks for playing alone in our One Year Anniversary Hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh thats beautiful Donna, love the blues hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always, always beautiful!!! Is that all you can do is beautiful?!!! LOL!!!

    I'll be sure to drop in on your friend's daughter's blog!

    Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beauty for sure!! glad you joined us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. donna, how cute she is. love her boots :P too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so sweet and lovely Donna, what a beautiful image and your coloring is divine!

    Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog. I've been a bad bad blogger lately. Just haven't had time to leave everyone comments, I do try to sneak in a visit now and then though:)

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Lovely coloring too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Donna :-) the image is fab and the colours and design are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! Great color combo and coloring you have done! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs
    Jodi=)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card, Donna! The swirly pattern of the pearls are perfect with the windswept details of the image. Beautiful colors and I like how you curled the ribbon. Good grief, girl...no wonder you're out of pearls! Got enough on there?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooopppsss! My bad! Forgot to say thanks for the shout out for Melissa's blog! She's already off to a great start and her debut card seems to be a quite a hit. She's gained some followers and received lots of comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, she is so darling. Very pretty colors. Love the pearls and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW girlie, is there anything you can't do? I love it! So beautiful! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Donna!! Love the paper snd you've colored her perfectly to match! Beautiful!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is simply stunning. I love the colors and details! So glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donna, this card is so beautiful. Love the colors and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely card! Beautiful pearl accents and coloring. So glad you could play along at Sassy Cheryl's. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Why lonesome? Wish you were closer....

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's gorgeous Donna. I love the blues and greens and the coloring is wonderful. She reminds me of Alice! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautufully done! The paper is so pretty and I love the way you used the Nestibility with just the right touch of inking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!