Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Look Through our Window The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge


This week's Cuttlebug Spot Challenge is "Look Through Our Window" which means you must use a window or frame on your card. OOOh goody! It just so happened I had yet another (actually 2) new Cottage Cutz dies available exclusively from The Scrapping Cottage; a window and adorable kitties. I also used a Sizzix Hello Kitty die for the fence, larger flower and leaves and the smaller flower is part of the Cottage Cutz window die.

I started by finding a Nestie that was the perfect size to cut and opening in the card so you could look all the way through. I matted in blue and then cuttled a white piece with my Cuttlebug Weathered Wood folder so it would have a cottagey feel. The window die was cut multiple times so the frame and drapes are on both side of the front. The patterned paper on the inside is from a 6x6 pad of Urban Prairie by Basic Grey. I often find that the smaller pads have a better scale for my matting my cards. The kitties were colored with my Copics to resemble Goliath and Jezebel although they refused to model for Mama. The "Welcome" is a rub-on framed with Nesties and of course I used a few dimensionals for pop.

Some people have asked why I buy die cuts for my Cuttlebug when I have my Cricut. As a member of The Cuttlebug Spot Design Team I try really hard to show just what it can be done with that little machine so I strive to use Cuttlebug exclusively if at all possible for these challenges. Often times the die cut is more intricut that what you can do with your Cricut without ripping the paper to shreds, and I think it's a fabulous excuse to buy more crafting items. LOL Oh, and BTW, does anyone else remember the song "Look Through Any Window?" I think it was by the Hollies. It sure brings back memories and I can't get it out of my mind. (Fortunately I loved the song. ) So pop on over to The Cuttlebug Spot. My DT sisters did an amazing job with this challenge and it's a fun one so come and play along.

13 comments:

  1. That is spectacular - what a fantastic idea.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cats look so real!!! I love the background (CB) you used to make it look like a wooden house! This is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every part of this card combines to make a perfectly welcoming scene! You are so clever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous! I love the kitties, and the window is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I had to come back and see how you made it when I saw the challenge yesterday.

    When I bought my Cuttlebug, I thought it would be a cheaper alternative for the Cricut. But as I found out, they are really two very different machines that do very different things. I can't even compare them anymore.

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how you and I had such similar ideas for this challenge? I really like yours so much better because you added so much detail. I like how you can actually see through your window. And I like the pretty curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god ! your card is so cute !!! i love the little kitties

    great job !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Donna, this is so cute. I can't believe how good you are at coloring with the copics.... you are so amazing and CREATIVE, who would have thought of all those detail but you....awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute card....
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! LOVE this, Donna!! Absolutely precious! You do such beautiful work!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Donna I love this card and your 2 sweet kitties on there too! I am loving that window die! Another fabulous card!
    Now about that Hollies song, no can't remember that I must be too young! LOL!! :)
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous Donna! Your coloring on the kitties is simply amazing!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your card! so much fun...interestingly we have a challenge that is very similar to this one! DEIDRE wish you would try your hand at our challenge: www.shirleys2gils.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!