Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BBTB Mom and Flower Vase challenge





This week at Bitten by the Bug Regina asked us to use the flower vase cut and Mom (or Mum )from the Beyond Birthday's cartridge. I welded "Mom", the flower vase, and 2 hearts from George to a rounded rectangle. The "Mom" was stretched and skewed until it worked with the design.


All of these cuts were welded in shadow so I could pop the additional layers and still have an outline. The fresh pretty background paper (DCWV Spring glitter stack) dictated the color scheme and the fairly simple clean lines kept me from embellishing too much. (Tough for me. LOL) I did use primas for the flowers and some pearls and ribbon but that was it.


Please stop by Bitten by the Bug to see the fabulous creations by my Design Team sisters and we'd love you to play along. Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Stunning, great colours! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a total "Donna" card! Super creative, fun bright and just plain gorgeous!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, creative, awesome, WOW... I want to be just like you when I grow up. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I totally love this Donna! It's wonderful! You rock! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I love your creative talent...Susan Edwards is the one who pointed me in your direction and I am so glad she did....I love the layered look and you are an expert. I am so jeolous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shhhhh (whispers) this is my favourite this week...
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. I will try and make one myself someday. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!