Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Color Challenge


This week for The Cuttlebug Spot we were asked to make a card using either a brown and blue or brown and orange combo. I received this paper with my Stampin'Up order and just opened this new Cuttlebug folder so I thought they would make a great male card. I inked some of the words in brown and others in blue and sanded some of the others for emphasis and distressed the edges.



I added a strip of brown behind wound with some cording. Then I embossed a smaller piece with the "You" and tore it out and popped it on top. I thought this could be used for a number of occasions including Father's Day or a birthday depending on the inside sentiment. Wow, how quick and easy was that! Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see the lovely creations by my Design Team sisters and how about joining us this week? We'd love to have you.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! This is gorgeous. Perfect for anyone, but I especially like it for Father's Day ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Donna! Love how you've highlighted the words in the colours for the challenge and sanded others and really like the cord wound round the brown strip. Fab card for a male!
    hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card! The colors and distressing work really well together. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT guy card Donna! What a neat idea! Love it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So soft and subtle and I love all the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of the Cuttlebug folder, Donna!! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!