Monday, May 4, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Mom's Day challenge



This week on The Cuttlebug Spot we were asked to do a card for Mom or Grandma. Let me be the first to say that I LOVED doing this card and was pretty pleased with the results. I finally got a MS Lattice punch that I used along the side of a premade card from M's. I was dying to use the hummingbird and flower Cottage Cutz dies available exclusively for The Scrapping Cottage. (Okay, I confess, I bought the entire Feb. release and now I'm saving up for the April one. Don't tell DH. LOL)
I cut them in white cardstock so I could color them with my new Copics (one of my fab B-day 'prises from DH) This was my first attempt at Copics but I my dear sweet friend Sandi had sent me some brushes, card and GORGEOUS tag with a hummingbird she had colored using alcohol inks so I used it as a guide when coloring my own. Click HERE to see her beautiful creation. Thank you sooo much Sandi! xx The flowers looked like morning glories to me so I colored them appropriately then went in search of a coordinating paper.
I used some from Basic Grey's Two Scoops (the 6x6 size and cuttled it with the Textile Texture folder. The frame was cut with my Nesties and I used Swiss Dots in the opening. I popped the frame, birds, and flowers for dimension and cut "Mom" twice with my Cricut using the Beyond Birthday's cartridge out of shimmery cardstock from Wal-Mart. I also used it for matting, along the edges to enhance the lattice and inside. (Again cuttled with Swiss Dots! Honestly, what would we do without that folder?) The pretty corners are a Sizzix die set. I left the sentiment oval blank for now because I've already made my Mother's Day card for my MIL and this may turn into a birthday or Thinking of you card. A few pearls and ribbon and there you go. Doing all of these Mom cards has been kinda tough because my Mom's been gone almost 15 years. My dear MIL is set for life though. LOL

Please go visit The Cuttlebug Spot to see the amazing contributions from my talented Design Team sisters and we'd love if you played along. There's a fabulous prize this week!

10 comments:

  1. WooHoo!! Donna I'm first to post. What a beautiful card my friend, I love the way you used your bd Copics. You did an outstanding job on the coloring and layout of this card. Anyone would be jumping for joy to receive this wonderful creation. TFS

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the dry embossing and the hummingbirds :) Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlie, every time I come to visit you I get to see a work of art! This is one GORGEOUS card! YOU ROCK! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo gorgeous Donna! I love, love, LOVE those hummingbirds! The way you colored them is just exquisite!

    I'm not sure I would recover if anything ever happened to my Swiss Dot folder!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna this is amazing and as usual you have put so much into your card. I love the design and the muted colours and have to say your colouring is absolutely magnificent! Gorgeous creation!

    Hugs
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hummingbirds are colored so wonderfully. And those flowers are stunning. How pretty that patterned paper background is when embossed. Wonderful Mother's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! Girl, you are amazing! AWESOME job with those Copics! I can't believe you bought the entire Feb. set of those die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna your card is absolutely stunning! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I am a hummingbird addict. We have 4 feeders and probably about 5 or 6 "regulars". This card is just beautiful. You have captured the bird perfectly. Have a great week...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo awesome Donna! Any mother would love to receive this stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!