Monday, May 11, 2009

BBTB Smiley Face Challenge



This week at Bitten by the Bug the designers were challenged to use the smiley (or frowny) face from the Wildcard cartridge. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about this challenge because when I was in school nobody could sign their name without adding a smiley face to their signature. They were on tee shirts, on cars, they were EVERYWHERE! Smiley face OVERLOAD! NO, no, no more smiley faces! But that's what a challenge is all about, right?
Well I've got to say that once I got into it my spirits lifted and this turned out to be one of my favorite cards yet. Pretty simple and almost cartoony with no chalking, no bling (plenty of dimension though, LOL) I welded "Smile" and some flowers from Walk in my Garden to some clouds from Paper Pups, and the sun from Wildcard as a base for my smiley face. I cuttled with Swiss Dots, D'vine Swirls, and one of the butterfly embossing folders from the Cuttlebug Butterfly set (my dear friend Margie taught me that, cool huh? You need to have a fairly small cut, but you just place it in the tiny dot buttlerfly folder and you have a texture that's closer together than Swiss dots. Be sure to pop over to her blog to see all the fabulously creative things she does!) Of course there are lots of layers so I could pop to my hearts content and the BoBunny polka Dot paper really added to the design but all in all I'm really pleased. Thanks Regina for turning my frown upside down! Hugs!
Now pop on over to Bitten by the Bug to see all of my Design Team Sister's fabulous creations. They're sure to put a smile on YOUR face!

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment. Love the smile :)
    I can't see a lot of your blog because of the black background. Maybe it's just my computer being funny!
    Thanks for a great challenge this week
    fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!!! Love it! I will def. go by BBTB to see if I have the cart to play this week!

    Keep up the beautiful work gf!

    Hugs,
    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, what a fun, happy card! Love all the layers with the clouds floating behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, now I really love this! So fun and happy! How could getting a card like this NOT make you smile! Fabulous card Donna!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, your card is just absolutely the CUTEST card...and I so loved reading your story about living with smiley faces everywhere. I laughed because it was indeed a smiley face overload.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna, is there nothing that you can't turn into something amazing... I just love this, as with everything you do.

    I totally love that black and white polka dot paper, so want that.

    I am not sure what Margie taught you when you said, "cuttled with Swiss Dots, D'vine Swirls, and one of the butterfly embossing folders from the Cuttlebug Butterfly set".

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Ms Donna, that is one HAPPY card! I love the bold true colors! GREAT job girlie! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute little card Donna! I love the bright colors and fun feel!

    Also, wanted to say "congrats" on your new design team spot at Hallmark!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work always makes me smile, so this card definitely is descriptive of your wonderful talent. It is such a pretty smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now this would make anyone smile!!! cute cute cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made me smile! Your work always does:) Awesome as always!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna my friend, when I first saw this card, I had a big o grin on my face! That is one cute card girlfriend, and anyone receiving this can't do anything but smile. Awesome take on the challenge my friend. TFS

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna,

    I love all the layers, textures and colors. It so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would put a smile on anyone's face Donna it'sso cheery
    hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this card!!! It just makes me want to smile more. If you share cut files I would love this. Again way to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Donna,

    I've downloaded the smile card on Custom Crops, but I only get the layers... there isn't a cardbase on the cutfile... maybe I'm doing something wrong...
    Can you help me???
    if you want to email me... jandokan@gmail.com

    I love your work :D
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!