Monday, May 25, 2009

BBTB AK Bookmark challenge


Happy Memorial Day to you all! Hope you've got your flags flying and the weather is perfect for the kick-off to barbeque season. This week at Bitten By The Bug Regina asked us to use the Bookmark from the Animal Kingdom cartridge. We could use this cut any way we wanted so instead of choosing one of the animals I decided to use the book stack with the apple on Hello Kitty Greetings which I welded in Design Studio to the plain bookmark. I used bright primary colors and my favorite BoBunny double dot paper for the base.

My book worm is actually the caterpillar from Stretch Your Imagination with his legs cut off. I also cut off his head to reattach it at a different angle. (No I didn't torture bugs as a child, this is in the name of art. LOL) I inked and accordion folded the body and added some small pompoms, then reattached his head with some button glasses and google eyes so he'd look studious.

Naturally all of the cuts were pop dotted for dimension and I did a bit of doodling with a white gel pen. For some reason I couldn't get the flap that fits over the page to cut although it showed at least little score marks for placement (but it didn't cut those either, GRRRRRR!) The 2 small starting holes did cut however, so I ended up cutting the flap by hand with an Exacto knife. You'll be amazed at all of the adorable bookmarks my DT sisters made for this challenge so pop on over HERE to see them in all of their glory. Maybe we can inspire you to play along, or at least pull out a good book! Hugs!

15 comments:

  1. That is soo cute. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Donna, this is just too stinkin' cute girlfriend. I just love it, I didn't understand we were speaking what problem you were having with the cut. I got it now!!(LOL) Awesome creation on the challenge. TFS

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations Donna! Thanks for your comment on my blog. In regards to shipping it usually takes about a week and a half via regular post and if you are interested in just a rattle to make your own tag let me know.

    Thanks again
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This is the cutest bookworm I think I've ever seen! Absolutely adorable, Donna!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut up!!! Girl, how huggable is that worm! He looks like a little cartoon character! As always, you picked the perfect papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna you've outdone yourself again! This is the cutest thing...Happy Memorial Day...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. donna he is just the cutest little thing i have seen!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... you never cease to amaze me. How cute how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously cute Donna, love the little pom poms.
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous. How do you come up with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love the bookworm and his glasses! Who wouldn't love having one of these peeking out of their books at them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable! I love the googly eyed glasses!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! It is the cutest bookworm I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Donna this is so CUTE! About the time that I think you can't get anymore creative you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!