Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Peaceful Dove


Got yet another package of new dies yesterday (yes, it's an addiction) and thought I'd do some experimenting with a CAS Christmas card using Peaceful Dove by Poppystamps.  One of the themes for Festive Fridays on the Outlawz Forum is always Christmas and I love playing, there so I was eager to get this going.  Maybe a card that was easily mailed might actually get sent.  That remains to be seen, of course, as "postal phobia" has a tendency to rule my world.  

I centered the die within the mat and cut, then colored the outline with a silver metallic Sharpie.  I thought maybe I could do an inlay with the cut out white pieces but they sort of flew all over the place and many were teeny weenie so I decided to fill the void with ultra fine glitter instead.  

It took me awhile to figure out that I had to apply a large enough piece of transfer tape to cover the die cut to the actual card base and remove the backing and THEN apply tape to the edges of the mat and carefully, VERY CAREFULLY! put the mat in place to get this to work. That left the open area of the dove sticky so I could place the silver outline in the cut and then fill it with the glitter.  I suppose that should be intuitive, but at 4:30 am, not so much.



Here's a better pic of the sparkle.  The sentiment is from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Holiday Words set and I colored that with the Sharpie as well.  I used a Starform sticker outline and corners and then scattered a few of the leftover stars to fill the void and called it done.  Not too bad considering.  I'll be messing with this again.

I'm also entering this in the DL.Art May Linky ChallengeLil Patch of Crafty Friends #81 AGJo's Scrap Shack FFC #232 AG, (3/3), the Holly and the Ivy #28 AG Christmas, Scrapy Land Challenge #89 AG w/dies SL sells, the HLS May Christmas Challenge AG with Optional Stars, Incy Wincy Things That Fly and CHNC #384 AG Christmas.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful die for your collection. The CAS card is lovely and a fitting way to celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace. Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Please return for our month-long birthday celebration!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! Thanks for joining us at Holly & Ivy.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, very peaceful. You HAVE to let someone get this, get it posted!
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful very elegant design - love it.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a bit of a mission, but a great result. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the design!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very effective card. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes with optional Add Bells challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!