Wednesday, May 9, 2018

OMG, I actually STAMPED!


Yes friends, I'm being polite when I say I suck at stamping.  I mean when the ink hits the rubber, (or acrylic) all bets are off when it's in my hands.  However, the Outlawz Twisted Thursday's optional theme of "something to wear" made me pull out a wood mounted Stampendous stamp I've had for YEARS and try my luck.  (and try, and try, and...you get the picture, don't you?)  This is the best I could do (without starting to throw things) and I figured the stamp is sort of "sketchy" anyway, so...

I've used my new Altenew lower case alphabet dies to cut the word "chic" right from the stamped image.  I've been watching videos on various ways to use the alpha dies and thought this one was cool.  Now that I see the pic here I see that even with the T square hubby bought me they still aren't straight (and neither is the stamp for that matter) but I'm gonna chalk that up to the fact I have multi focal lenses on because it's a bit too early for wine o'clock.  The concept is cool though.  Don'tcha think?

I'm also adding this to Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #81 AG, HLS May AG with Dies, ...

4 comments:

  1. I love how you've merged stamp and dies together Donna, thays a fab idea. Well done for not throwing things I usually have a tantrum and rip it up if I get frustrated with my crafting lol! It's lovely as it is and I think you've done a grand job xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY CHIC and elegant, who said it was on a wonk? They need a drink LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... Such a gorgeous card!!! Love this technique...Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!