Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Faery Ink Meets the Outlawz Sketch


I really had a fun weekend playing with the Faery Ink FB Group at the Unicorn Masquerade Birthday Ball.  We played games, received lovely freebies and there was a costume contest and inspiration posts galore.  This beauty is Unicorn Masquerade Moon Fairy, one of the costumes I colored over the weekend.  She's colored with Copics with a gold gel pen for the stars and I did the background with the "resist" method of using alcohol and a Q-Tip to create texture in the sky.  Today I added some Stardust Stickles to her wings, mask and horn for more sparkle.


I didn't have time to do a project with her until today, following the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch, last minute as usual.  What can I say?  The DP was on my desk from yesterday's project and looked great with the background I'd colored so YAY!  I cut her out with a Spellbinder's Grand Circle and Used Gold mirror card stock for the scalloped circle mat.  The strip of light blue glitter paper was also on my desk (no, I don't clean up after myself, obviously) so WooHoo for that, too.  I thought I had some gold colored adhesive stars for the swirly part in the corner, but if I do, they were nowhere to be found today, so I used a border punch that happened to have a number of different sized stars  and punched from the gold, as well.  Gluing them on individually was a PITA, but I love how it came out.

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art May Linky Challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #81 AG, Creates and Makes #21 AG, Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #233 AG (3/3), the Colour Crazy Challenge Wk 18 AG w/hand colored image, 613 Avenue Create May AG/optional Mainly Blue, ...

5 comments:

  1. Your coloring is beautiful. And I totally love the texture you gave the sky. Thanks for telling us how you achieved that great look. We're happy you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the image you have used. Thank-you for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card... Love the Image Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Jo's Scrapshack ..
    Sherry Lynn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card :) Thank you for playing along with us over at Jo's Scrap Shack
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!