Thursday, May 31, 2018

Elegant Perfume


Don't faint!  It's not a coffee card.  It's the last day for the Outlawz May Progressive challenge so I thought I'd better get going, eh?  The gorgeous image is from Sandi's Samples and I really enjoyed coloring it with my Copics.  The scheme is like an antique reproduction bottle I have at home, but I'm sure I will try my hand at this image many more times.  It's so beautiful and feminine.  I've also added flat backed gems to jazz it up further. Thank you, Sandi Hugget!

I also have to give a shout out to the Kit and Clowder online coloring classes.  The color combo I used on the "gold" on the bottle was from the December 2017 Monthly Markers class.  I'm now a subscriber to both the markers and pencils classes and even if you don't manage to finish a monthly class, the techniques and color combos Alyce provides (along with art fundamentals and personal feedback) can be used with any images and has helped me improve and enjoy my coloring immensely.  If you're not yet willing to commit, be sure to check out the free classes HERE.



After coloring, I wasn't sure what to do with it, but the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch challenge saved the day (again!).  DP is from the new Graphic 45 Flower Shop pad.  Image and scalloped mat cut with Spellbinders dies.  Gold mesh ribbon and copper metal medallions are from my stash.

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art May Linky ChallengeLil Patch of Crafty Friends #82 AGSimon Says Wednesday AG, Simply Papercraft #58 AG, Double D Challenges Bling it Up...

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, love the colours and the sketch suits it perfectly. LOVE it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect for our Bling it Up challenge at Double D! Such a cool image and your card is designed beautifully around it. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, elegant card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!