Tuesday, May 29, 2018

"Bean" Thinking of You


Gotta say I'm kinda proud of this one.  One of the things I love about the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is that it gets me trying to use my actual physical stamps.  Here's one with ALL real stamping.  YAY, me! (And thank god for the Misti)

I had this in my mind because of my new bold alphabet die set from Super Sponsor Altenew and the fact that it's getting close to Father's Day.  Although my Daddy's been gone 13 years now, rarely a day goes by without me thinking of him and he sure loved his coffee.  So I kept this masculine, stamping in brown Memento and using kraft grid paper from a Tim Holtz stack that referenced my daddy's mechanical engineering profession.  No computers when he was working.  Drafting was done by hand on.  

I taped the letters together to get an idea of where I wanted to stamp and used the Coffee Beans from the Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed stamps from Stampers Anonymous.  The additional beans are from Super Sponsor Verve's Coffee set (OOOH!  I even MASKED some!) and the sentiment is from Verve's Rise Above set.  After stamping, I cut the letters and popped them up and there ya go.

I'm also entering this in the DL.Art May Linky Challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #82 AG, Simon Says Monday Masculine Challenge, Simon Says Wednesday Use More than One Stamp, the Outlawz Monday Greetings AG, and Dream Valley Challenges #180 for a Man or Boy.

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Donna. Love this layout and you've created a really great coffee card. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! love the bold look to this one, plus the sentimental factor, too. I make a card for my dad every year, and he's been gone for more than 25.... just something I do to honor his memory. for so many years it was just the two of us, so his leaving left a big empty space in my heart.

    anyhow, wanted you to know how special this card is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Donna! Awesome coffee card - I love this technique! I really need to try it again! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about you missing your dad. I love how your masculine card looks. I like the dimension of your letters. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful and love the hidden message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved reading the sentiment attached to this card. Fathers are such important figures in our life. This card is perfect. Simple masculine cards are hard to make and you have made a beautiful one. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so nice. I love it. Definitely has the feel of mechanical engineering. A nice tribute to your daddy. hugs
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool and original, love the hidden word. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!