Friday, February 17, 2017

Vintage Valentine


Here's a sort of vintage looking Valentine I managed to just sneak in the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge before it closed.  Playing with dies again, some old, some new.  The background was a discarded negative using Spellbinder's Opulent Ovals.  I'd used the largest die just to emboss, then the next smaller for the cut out.  Didn't work for the original project, but I distressed the edges with scissors, inked with Antique Linen and popped it on a mat of gorgeous gilded crinkle pink specialty paper I'd been saving from my friend Smita in India.  I was going for a pink and red combo to enter the DL.Art Thankful Thursday Pink and/or Red Challenge, and the extra detail was just perfect.  The center Winged Heart die by Die Namites is a new one (for me, anyway) and I've cut it twice, fussy cut and colored the flowers and center heart with my Copics, then shabbied it up a bit with Distress, too.  The sweet Cupids are Impression Obsession.  The final details are the filigree stickers that balanced the design and added to the vintage feel.

I'm also entering this in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #51 AG challenge, Die Cut Divas Use Red or Pink,  Happy Little Stampers AG w/Dies, Let's Create and Craft Love is in the Air, Simon Says Monday Use Your Favorite Tool (Spellbinders Grand Caliber) and Scrap from your Heart Valentines/Mother's Day.

11 comments:

  1. Such a classic, lovely card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card! Thank you such for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, cute Valentine, Donna! I love all the die-cuts! I'm hooked on dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a romantic card! so beautiful!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful red and pink valentine card. I love the distressed oval. I'll have to start saving the negative pieces. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely romantic card. Thanks for joining lets Craft and Create

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! What a wonderful romantic valentine card..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love vintage so romantic TFS Let's Craft and Create.......Lis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!