Friday, February 24, 2017

Rain, Rain, Go Away!




Busy day for me!  Lots of fabulous new releases so this is my second post of the day.  I'd love it if you checked out my first post HERE, too.

It's Friday, so you know what that means?  Loads of new releases by the amazing Sandra Caldwell.  I'm working with #1306 Glamour Gertrude. I can't really describe the expression on her face, but I guess it sort of looked resigned. That's what we've been in CA with all the rain, but it's kind of funny, as soon as I finished this card, the sun came out.  WooHoo!  I've used papers from the Noah's Ark stack by Debbie Mumm for JoAnn's (an oldie) and added die cut clouds.



Here's a closeup of the adorable #1306 Glamour Gertrude. She's colored with Copics and I've added some flat backed pearls for her earrings.  Gotta say I had a ball coloring her hair and I can imagine a couple more ways to do it too.  I used a craft knife to cut a slot in the waves to insert Gertrude.  Hope she doesn't float away.  Been lots of flooding across the state.  Guess the drought is over.  The extra raindrops were made my cutting a mini heart punch in half.

Be sure to visit the Sandra Caldwell Stamp fans FB page and check out the fab creations from the new release by my DT sisters and Sandra's Etsy Shop (babycakesdnd) to see them all.

I'll be adding this to the Outlawz Twisted Thursday AG challenge, the DL.Art February Linky Challenge, Simon Says Wednesday AG, Crafts Galore Encore Feb AG #3, Crafter's Cafe No Red or Pink, Your Scrapbook Place AG, the Crafty Addicts February AG, TTRCD week of Feb 21st and Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #52 AG.

8 comments:

  1. Great info and fun creative card !!! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "No Red or Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! I know how she feels, I feel the same way when it rains! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card and fab coloring as always. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulously fun card and a super image. I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi donna! this is adorable, fabulous coloring!
    I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Donna. Thanks for playing along with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Freinds.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!