Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bloom Where You Are Planted


Here's a card I made just for fun using the adorable new Cactus Sprite by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff of Aurora Wings.  Cacti are a pricky bunch, but in the Springtime they bloom with reckless abandon.  I set my little guy in the desert using a paper tearing technique to make my background which is supposed to suggest the desert sunset.  It's hard to imagine ANYTHING blooming in the desert, but the gorgeous arrays of cactus flowers dot the dry barren landscape with glorious color so my computer generated sentiment on Kraft seemed apropos.


Here's a closeup of this cutie.  He's colored with Copics, fussy cut and popped.  His prickly chubby shape makes me giggle.  Mitzi said her inspiration for this guy was a little cactus that her daughter received a a birthday present from one of her friends.  Too cute!

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday Spring Flowers ChallengeTuesday Throwdown Spring Blossoms, the Outlawz Monday Greeting Card Flowers challenge, Robyn's Fetish Cards with Flowers in the ImageDigi Galore Kraft challenge, and W2SB Bloom Where you Are Planted.

9 comments:

  1. Perfectly prickly!!!!
    Awesome coloring,
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloring of this cactus baby is beautiful, but what sets this card apart is the desert sunset landscape made with torn paper - brilliant! Love love LOVE! Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background you have created Donna. I love this little cutie and love the colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable. I love that image and the pretty colors. The sand looks so realistic. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cutest little cacti I have seen, wonderful image for our challenge at Robyn's Fetish Challenge, thanks for joining us this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am crazy for this new image! Having lived in the Arizona desert for 30 years I can relate to the beauty of the cactus blossoms. Your tearing technique for depicting the desert was inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Donna.

    This is such a pretty card -- with so many wonderful details. But, what most impresses me is your paper tearing technique. What a great idea! Think I'm going to have to borrow this idea.

    Thanks so much for joining us for our Bloom Where You Are Planted challenge at W2SB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is little flower is darling and I love the great fussy cutting. Great idea using the tearing. Is that sand paper? Wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week. Good luck.
    Debi DT TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool background! Love the ombre look. Sweet coloring, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!