Thursday, May 1, 2014

The East Wind Die Cuts and Punches


Happy May Day!  It's time for a New Challenge at The East Wind with the theme



and the team is using the fabulous new May Freebie called Love Mom.  You can get her at no charge just by subscribing to the Newsletter.  Check out the big hot pink banner on the left side of the Challenge Blog to sign up.  I've made a double center stair step card (at least I think that's what it's called).  The gorgeous die cut gates on either side are Spellbinders exclusive to Heartfelt Creations and I've used several Cuttlebug border folders to emboss the steps.



Here's the beautiful Freebie, perfect for Mother's Day.  I've colored her with Copics, fussy cut and popped her on a Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval.



Here's the side view.  Sorry about the pix.  The day I photographed was partly cloudy and so they're kind of dull and full of shadow.  The circular tag is a Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folder backed by a Spellbinder's scalloped circle and the butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.  Be sure to check out the fabulous work by my teamies and I might also mention that the current Facebook Challenge just happens to be Mother's Day so I hope you enjoy this latest Freebie and have a chance to enter there too.

I'm entering this in the Digi Makeover For a Special Lady Challenge, Die Cuttin' Divas Make it Girly, Paper Pretties Mother's Day/Spring, and 613 Avenue Creates ATG.

8 comments:

  1. Love this Donna!! the stepper is fab, loving all your dies!! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Donna! This card is so pretty. Love the die cut gates on this design. Stunning!!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a super fab card Donna! I love the beautiful dies you used and I love how you kept the colors so soft. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Donna! Lots to look at. I've always loved the step fold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna Donna Donna you never ever disappoint me! This is beAutiful and pretty and delicate with the wonderful die cutting.
    Great colouring in the image and lovely card fold. I want you as a crafting mentor please

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. See what happens when I take a little time off from blogging....all of these fabulous projects are dangled in front of me.....sparking my mojo. This is a beauiful card....love the "ironwork!"
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna - love the card shape and how you've utilized the space! Having the focal image on the oval cuts was a great choice and then all the interesting finds of embossing, die cuts, 3D elements, pearls, ribbon - I love the depth! Thank you so much for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create:
    #69 ATG
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card you made Donna, soft colors and fabulous dies! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!