Saturday, October 15, 2016

R is for Red, Ribbon and Reindeer


Here's my second card as Guest Designer for the ABC Challenge with the theme of "R is for Red, Ribbon and Reindeer".  The sponsor for the challenge is Live & Love Crafts, but the team had an open choice for images, so I opted for this cutie from Sandra Caldwell called #99 Old Lady Reindeer.  The reindeer DP is old, from my stash, so old I can't find the maker and I've used crinkle ribbon from DL.Art.  I've matted everything with kraft but basically kept the color scheme red and white.



Here's a closeup of #99 Old Lady Reindeer.  She's colored with Copics and I've surrounded her with happy little reindeer buttons from JoAnn's with the shanks cut off.  Aren't they adorable?




Here's the dimensional shot.  I thought I'd add a bit of interest to the otherwise simple design by popping all the mats, as well as the computer generated sentiment.  Thanks so much to ABC Challenge for giving me the opportunity this month.  I've had a ball.

I'm entering this in the Crafty Catz All Tied Up Challenge, the DL.Art October linky Challenge, Simply Papercraft ATG, Winter Wonderland Let's Get Crafty or Plaid it Again, Sam, Star Stampz Buttons, ABC Christmas U is for Under the Pile (old DP), CHNC #303 Cute or ATG Christmas, CHNC Oct Christmas Extra ATG Christmas, the Crazy Challenge Use the Color Red and the Merry Christmas Challenge Add a Sentiment.



11 comments:

  1. Donna, I am on the ABC Challenge team and I just wanted you to know that I loved your card. I have just purchased some of these digis and I think they are so fun. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image and card! Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge. ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red and white colour scheme. Nice design too. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card! I love that image with the reindeer antlers! So fun! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your version of the 3Rs. much better that reading, writing and rithmatic. The ribbon looks perfect with the reindeer paper and the fun image. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge Katie-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute.....thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun image and love the papers and reindeer buttons--Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. love the digi!! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Love this image. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha, that image is funny! I love your card, Donna. I love the matching papers and embellishment. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!