Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween! Here's Some Projects for Gecko Galz


It's been WAY too long since I played in the Gecko Galz FB challenges and my eyes were not exactly cooperating in the coloring arena after all the stuff I did last week, so first I did the Gecko Galz BLOG HOP (lots of fabulous inspiration from the team FREE collage sht at each stop with PRIZES to be had at the end. WooHoo!  Still going on TODAY HERE!  Then I managed to play with a bunch of my Gecko Galz collage and digi paper sets and came up with these cards. 

I'll start with my fave because it's the most "Halloweenie" and because I entered it in both the Numbers and Magic is afoot challenges.  The image is from the Gypsy Magic Collage sheet (hmmm...not in shop) and sentiment from Midnight Magic.  I was looking for some gold patterned paper in my GG files and came across the one behind but don't remember which pack it came from and now can't find.  To be honest, it's driving me CRAZY but I must move one.  Striped paper is from Authentique and that fab spider web doily was a gift from my pal Creepy Glo.  Crystal ball and Oct 31 stickers are from Recollections and the bats are Raindots.

I'm also entering this in the Outlawz Festive Fridays Halloween Day Challenge and Left of Center Halloween.



For the Buttons and Bows Challenge I went again with a Halloween theme and used a freebie from the Gecko Galz Pinterest page of a witch's costume pattern.  I cropped it and then resized the sentiment and used digi paper from the GG Coven paper pack.  The scissors is from the Stitch in Time Collage sheet.   I ripped up some dingy tissue that looked like pattern paper and used twine to tie Tim Holtz bones on top of an antique button from my MIL's button tin.



I was gettin' kinda tired but thought I'd do one more that's all digital for the Brown and Gold Color Challenge.  Papers from GG Chocolate Box(seriously YUMMY!) AIW image from the Ask Alice Collage set (I changed it to brown in my printing program) and a key from the icons in the La Boheme Craft Kit. Sentiment is a gold peel off (guess it's not all digital after all). 

I'll be back later (hopefully with at least one more Halloween project) and the WINNER of the Donna Kitty stamp from Sandra Caldwell.

3 comments:

  1. Three great cards Donna. I love the witches dress with the scissors and antique button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I love Gecko Galz too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!