Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Yogibunny 'Savasana'


The East Wind now debuts new images on TUESDAYS and Fridays and today's release is YogiBunny 'Savasana'.  I'm not going to begin to pretend to know exactly what that means, because yoga and I are not even remotely acquainted. However, he's so adorable, I made two different cards with him.  Both just happen to be CAS, the first with him floating on a cloud, dreaming pleasant thoughts. 



I've laid down a subtle color wash with Copics and then used pencils to add some texture to his fur. 

I'm entering this in the 613 Avenue Create Color Bingo Challenge (using blue, pink and white) and Die Cut Divas February Word, Quotes and Sentiments and Sister Act ATG.



I thought he'd also make a cute birthday card for someone "of a certain age". LOL Gotta say, I'm reacting to birthdays that way myself these days.  I've distressed the edges with my scissors, mounted it on kraft and tied a simple twine bow, thinking this could be suitable for a male.



I've given texture to his fur this time, with the pointallism technique, in Copic Warm Grays.  Gives a whole different feeling, don'tcha think?  Anyway, I see a bright future for YogiBunny as I've already dreamed up a few more ideas for him.  Hop on over to The East Wind and take a look at all of the gorgeous new images and don't forget our current "Tainted Love" Blog Challenge HERE. HURRY!  It ends tomorrow with a new challenge beginning the 15th and our current Alice in Wonderland FB Contest HERE, that runs through Feb 17th. Hope to see you there. 

I'm entering this in the Crafts Galore Encore Use a Stamp or Digi Challenge, Brown Sugar ATGYour Scrapbook Place ATG/ For a Male Twist, and Digi Galore ATG

8 comments:

  1. Oh my - he's is utterly adorable Donna and I really love both your cards :-) I think I am going to have to snag myself one of those Bunyams :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Very nicely done!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both gorgeous Donna, but I think my favourite is the birthday one - just so beautifully simple and natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards-that bunny is just too cute and you've used him perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bunny is so stinkin' adorable! Love the different textures you achieved on both of these fantabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are delightful. The way you've created the cards is so stinkin' cute!

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! I love how you created the grass and fur on the second one!Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are great and love the cute image floating on the clouds--Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!