Tuesday, February 24, 2015

SCACD Brave Hearts and Eclectic 2 Rubber Stamp Release Blog Hop



Today SCACD celebrates 2 NEW recently released exclusive rubber stamp sets. They are the Brave Hearts (a group of 4 empowered gals) and Eclectic 2 (a combo of 6 steampunk and ethereal stamps).  With the Eclectic 2 collection, if you buy the entire set, you get 4 FREE date stamp words.  SCACD artist, Carmen Medlin, and Susana collaborated on these images and we're so happy to be showcasing them to you now. :D

They're available for purchase in the USA HERE. (for the Brave hearts and Eclectic 2 sets).

Our international friends can purchase them from Quixotic Paperie HERE.

SCACD digital stamps for both USA and International can always be found HERE.



My project is an art journal page (that I liked so much I tore it out and matted it) using the fabulous new Steampunk Sea Turtle Pair from the Eclectic Collection 2 (also available individually).  They were stamped with Memento Ink, colored with Copics, fussy cut and popped atop a watercolor paper background created by mopping up sprays from my craft mat.  The metal swirls are supposed to be steampunky bubbles.  LOL



I used the Kelp Forest stencil (also designed by Carmen Medlin) and Modeling Paste to further build the scene.  Once the paste was dry, I replaced the stencil and sponged Distress Ink in Peeled Paint over the raised areas for color.  I've finished off with some die cut gears from Tim Holtz and Memory Box that I enhanced with Rub 'n Buff and Frantage.

Your next stop should be Nikki and if you get lost along the way, head back to the SCACD Store Blog HERE.  Happy hopping.

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Monday No Rules(ATG) Challenge and the Outlawz Twisted Thursday ATG challenge.

20 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous creation Donna - amazing colours and just fabulous all round :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I like this!! How pretty and such a great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Donna.... This is breathtaking, literally. So glad you pulled it out and matted it. This is a really beautiful work of art. I can tell you put in your heart and soul. wow......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool Donna. I love the texture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your scene and the added details. The sea turtles are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, WOW!!! Love that background you did a fantastic job creating the water look. Love those turtles, the leaves and all the details you have added.
    Hugs, Pat/♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee, I love this!! You've made a perfect environment for these guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way cool Donna! Love your colors and the kelp is super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for helping out today with the hop and sharing your Fab art <3 Stunner literally feel under the water with them :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza!

    This is an amazing page. No wonder you tore it out of the journal and have matted it!

    Gorgeous Steampunk scene that is beautifully designed and colored!

    I totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously fabulous! I love all the details you included to give it an under water feel! Wonderful work! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous!!! Love the under-the-sea steampunk theme. The Kelp forest stencil with the modeling paste is perfect with this piece and the background makes the whole piece come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, this is so very pretty! Love the underwater affect it gives and no wonder you tore it out and framed it.... I would have too! xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how i love your beautiful sea turtles! fantastic! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Donna what a wonderful underwater scene. Just adore the colours and textures. A great mixed media feel too. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cool card! Love the underwater theme! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing. Good call on matting and framing it. Thanks for explaining your process. That reminds me that I haven't used modeling paste in my art in quite a while.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this page is Incredible and amazing! Love the steampunk turtle stamps, and your mixed media background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This scene turned out looking amazing! So many interesting details and I love the raised effect created with embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!