Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New April Customer Challenge at Gecko Galz.


Our new Customer Challenge begins today at Gecko Galz with an Easter Time theme.  


I made a basket using the corrugated inserts that reinforce the tuna in a pouch display boxes at the grocery store.  Yup, I each a lot of tuna.  It makes me popular with my cats.  LOL


I took 2 of them and glued the center sections together, punched holes at the corners, tied some bows and VOILA!  A basket! Used my threading water punch to trim the top 


Each side is decorated with one of the circles from the Easter Circles and 1x2" collage set, enlarged in my printing program and cut and matted with my Nesties.  Here are the rest of the sides.


I've twisted wrapped wire, raffia and buds from a Spring wreath I got at J's and disassembled to make the handle.  I punched holes at either side and twisted the wire into a know with pliers to secure it on each side. 


I also used the wired buds from the wreath to trim each image and attached moss to the bottom corners with hot glue.  My GG teamies have made gorgeous Easter creations so be sure to stop by the Gecko Galz Challenge Blog and find further inspiration.  There's a $25 gift certificate to be had and all you need is a single GG product on your submission. It can even be a freebie which you can get for signing up for the monthly GG newsletter (sign up on the left side of the GG Blog) or grabbing them from the GG Board on Pinterest.  Can't wait to see what you create.  and don't forget our GG Papercrafting FB Group with fun challenges every month.  Hope to see you there.




9 comments:

  1. wow, wow, wow, that is some awesome basket, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo beautiful, Donna! Definitely the best Easter basket I've seen so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is so adorable! What a genius idea to re-purpose the packaging, and I love the use of the nestie dies, really finishes off the sweet image. Love how you crated the handle. Everything about this gorgeous piece is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my....oodles and oodles of details, makes for a wonderfully put together project! Love your upcycling (I'm a tuna lover too!)
    Easter blessing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is so clever and creative!!! What a great recycling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great basket idea! Love it! Pretty decoration, too.
    Cheers, Maya S. | Ealing Spring Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous recycled creation! Love it! Have A Happy Easter! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this when I saw it on FB but now I've seen how you made it I love it even more. Awesome upcycle, brilliantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so gorgeous and full of spring color and joy! amazing to see the simple box it started from. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!