Friday, April 17, 2015

Aurora Wings New Release


I'm joining the Aurora Wings Showcase DT today to introduce the adorable new image, Little Kitsune Anko.  She is available HERE on Etsy and HERE in the Aurora Wings Web Shop.  She was inspired by one of Mitzi's dear kitties and also some fascinating Japanese folklore.  You can read more about her on the Aurora Wings Showcase Blog and see all the wonderful interpretations from the team.  I decided to alter a box I'd saved that had previously been filled with tea.


I've colored her with Copics with additional shading from Prismacolor pencils. She come in two versions, one with kimono details and one without.  I chose the one without because I wanted to paper piece her outfit.  I've used digital paper from the Mori Girl pack from Gecko Galz.  This is a bit tricky when choosing a dark pattern.  After printing and coloring her I reduced my digi paper to just the size of the image so the print was the appropriate scale and printed it.  Then I turned the page over and put it back in the printer, positioned the image in my printing program where I'd previously had my paper on the page, reversed the image and printed again. I then fussy cut the image from the back side (cutting just within the printed lines), turned it over and glued it to the colored image.  I used copy paper for the paper piecing because it glues flatter to the card stock but still inked the edge of the fussy cut pieces with the side of the brush tip of my Black Memento Marker (it doesn't bleed as much as the Copics do) so there was no white edge.  I hope that makes sense. 

Here's the dimensional view.  She was printed 3 times on white card stock and then twice as described above for the paper piecing. The layers were popped with foam, as was she onto the box so the lid could be removed and replaced without disturbing the image.

I finished off the box with some Starform sticker trim, layered flowers, a pearl brad and tassel.  I think she makes an adorable gift box, but I love her so much, I just may have to keep her.

I'm entering this is the Kitty Bee Fairytale/Fantasy Challenge, 613 Avenue Create ATG, Crafting With an Attitude Freestyle/Fantasy, the DL.Art April Linky challenge, Moving Along With the Times Anything But a Square Card, All Crafts Challenge Anything But a Card April/May, Crafting From the Heart ATG, Marker Pop ATGMonday Morning Challenge Colorful Creations  and Open Minded Crafting Recycle Something.

13 comments:

  1. Such an AWESOME project Donna... marvelous colouring and gorgeous paper pieced kimono on that lovely little image :-D Great use for your tea box :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely amazeballs, Donna! Someone is giving me a run for my money in the coloring department. I love your shading and you choice of hair color. She is a stunnah!!
    And I had a feeling you were going to go for paper piecing. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous in red, black, and gold, Donna!! This is such a beautiful box, and the way you colored this baby kitsune is just perfect!! Love the little red lips - so adorable! XD I haven't squeed in a really long time, but this one made me.
    Thank you for making such a beautiful inspiration for this new release showcase!!
    Hugs,
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic gift box, I don't think I could give it away, it needs to be on show, great idea to paper piece her clothes and to shrink the pattern to fit, and of course your colouring is to die for, as usual. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous. I love the image and the colouring is stunning. The little box is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always your coloring and design amazes me!! I love your attention to detail you are truly gifted

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, love it!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an Attitude, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great transformation, thanks for joining us at Moving along with the times. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AMAAAZING, Donna!! All the detail is just fantastic! And I LOVE the red and gold. Thanks for sharing this with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!
    Myndi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Box, cute image. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight for our "Recycle Something" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Donna! I am so glad that I have got to watch you mature with your artistic skills. Your coloring on the hair and face is magical. I hope that you continue inspiring me daily. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautifully done! Love how you colored this cute image!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    xEllie from My Creative Moments/Monday Morning Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!