Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TOFF Inspired by Music Challenge



The current challenge at Octopode is Inspired by Music and with all the hoopla about The Great Gatsby, I came up with this wall hanging.  Been dying to use one of the fab newish Flappers and this is Coco.  I searched the web for some music from the era and did a digital collage with Coco on top. (Sooo happy that the image comes in png form as well as jpg).  The keyboard and dark music is from a Graphic 45 Curtain Call 8x8 pad, the notes, Cuttlebug dies from scraps, and the "All that Jazz" Computer generated using the Theater font.



Coco is colored with Copics and I used maribou feathers for her skirt and adhesive pearls for her jewelry.  Isn't she gorgeous?  Not exactly sure that this is dark enough for the Smudgy Antics Fur and/or Feathers Challenge, but I added the real feathers with that challenge in mind.  Wouldn't you seriously LOVE a dress like that?

I'm also entering this in the Creative Inspirations "Inspired by Anything Goes" (in this case The Great Gatsby) challenge and the DLArt May Linky Challenge.

17 comments:

  1. Fan - frakin'-tastic Donna !!! This is amazing and I love that image. :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is stunning, not surprised though, that is all you do!, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! Love, love, love. That fur seriously rocks Donna. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her feathery tutu. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Donna --great image and the design is super. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's simply dah-ling! Hell yeah, I'd like a dress like that, all though I'd probably be giggling all night long while wearing it :)
    Super job with the collage and dig the gadget thingy that it's hanging from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love Art Deco styling. It's something I really want to play around with in the future. I love this and how you have used coco x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coco fits this wallhanging soooo well. Think she was made for your creation alone =)! Beautiful and your details so great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I really love your wall hanging! The finishing touch of her feathery skirt is just perfect! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saucey! I adore your use of feathers for that flirty skirt! Your wall hanging is Amazing! Thanks for playing along with Smudgy Antics this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS Donna! Love everything about it.... all the DP's and the image looks gorgeous is her feathery skirt. Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful..I love the style and the little image is adorable..her skirt just makes it! awesome work thank you for playing with us at smudgy antics this challenge.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a fabulous wall hanging! I love her and the use of feathers..Brilliant ;0) Thanks for playing with us at Smudgy Antics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow I love this Octopode image! she is so lovely and her dress is amazing with the feathers and pearls great work! thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is brilliant Donna! I love how you've layered it all. Thanks for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job, love her feathers and her pearls! Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics!
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (SA DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome Donna, as long as it's not cute, I think anything goes. It doesn't have to be dark :) That feather skirt has gotta be tickly? lol Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!