Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's for the Birds!


I'm BAACK! Our little trip was PERFECT! Dinner, our room, the weather, my DH, I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary. I could have kicked myself for forgetting my camera though. The view of the Golden Gate Bridge from our balcony was SPECTACULAR! (See why I never scrap. I never remember the camera.) On Monday we took in the Sausalito Art Festival which is an unbelievably amazing assemblage of talent. And to commemorate 40 years since Woodstock there was quite the lineup from the good old days. Country Joe, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Big Brother and the Holding Company (obviously minus Janis but her stand in was phenomenal), Canned Heat, and Jefferson Starship (formerly Airplane for you youngsters LOL. Unfortunately Grace Slick doesn't sing with them anymore and why not since she lives in SF, but again the stand in sounded great). All in all a FABULOUS time!
And speaking of FABULOUS, the week at The Cuttlebug Spot my Design Team Sister and great friend Margie is sponsoring the challenge by giving away a Home Decor Cricut cartridge! That's right, you could WIN just by joining in with a NEW card featuring a bird. This is one of the few challenges that doesn't require any embossing, (but we'd love it if you did) so get busy and find a fine feathered friend to add to your project.

By now you're probably sick of this black and cream K&Co paper but my fascination with it doesn't seem to be waning (and I bought another pad just last week at M's). It's double sided so the possibilities are virtually ENDLESS. Anyway, I embossed a cream mat with Leafy Branches and cut out a window and frame using Labels Nine Nesties. I then embossed another piece in cream and carefully cut out some of the branches to pop on top. The adorable bird is from Home Decor. All was popped using foam dimensionals and the photo corner accents are an EK Success punch.

For once I actually finished the inside because I'm finding if I don't, they never get sent. Either I'm out of coordinating paper or some such problem. My DT sister Jeannie was the inspiration for this inside because she ALWAYS finishes her insides as beautifully as the fronts so although there is no sentiment it's pretty much ready to go. Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot for inspiration from my talented DT sisters and you don't want to miss the opportunity to win this fabulous cart so be sure to play along.

22 comments:

  1. oh wow, I am the first to comment this time. whoo hooo for me..... Oh Donna, I think this is just a beautiful card. I too love that paper. I think it looks so great with this card and the inside is just as great as the outside. Glad you had a nice anniversary. sure was a weekend for love to be in the air.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna - what an absolutely gorgeous card! Love the black and white!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Donna, this card is just stunning! I love the bg papers, and the cutting of the branch. Really give it a lot of dimension. Beautifully done my friend. TFS

    hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this card is breathtaking! I love it! WOW!!! Glad you had an awesome time! It sounds like a blast! SF is my favorite city and it's been way too long since I've been there. I miss it. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, Donna! STUNNING! Love how you cut some of the embossed branches and popped 'em! That elegant paper is timeless... I say use it often! The inside IS just as gorgeous as the outside. Sounds like it was a beautiful getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the black and white together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,
    Glad you had a good break. It's nice to get away for things like anniversaries.
    I'm bowled over by this card. It is beautiful and the black and white contrast is striking. Stunning.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyone can take black and white and incorporate it to a card, but only you can turn it into one of the most elegant creations imaginable. It is gorgeous, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Donna, and so striking!! I love how you've cut out the embossed leaves!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome back!
    Love your card and the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home Donna! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Canned Heat that takes me back lol!
    Love love love your card inside and out. the papers are gorgeous and the way you've cut the leaves is so beautiful. Another stunning card!
    hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, this is just gorgeous. Black and white are always winners in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job, I love black and white. The paper is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG...I just hopped here from Dustin Pikes page. Your ROCK!!! This card is stunning. All the cards I looked at are FABULOUS. You have TALENT. I'll be back :) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not getting tired of that paper, I tried to find some and couldn't...

    Sound like you had an awesome time...

    I am believing if you started to scrapbook, you would have some awesome layouts.. I don't think there's anything you couldn't turn into something absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so glad you had a wonderful time :) this card is amazing! love how you cut out the embossed branch. will have to try that:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time...
    This card is so elegant and beautiful..I love this...everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. donna, this is pure gorgeousness....wow girl...glad you had a great trip..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had a great time, reliving the good ole days of Woodstock! The card is just beautiful, Donna ! xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Donna, I don't know how I missed this fabulous creation. I love the black and white and the inside is just as great as the outside. Sounds like you had a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna your cards always blow me away! You have such an eye for papers. I love how you cut out the embossed branch and leaves and that little bird is to die for.

    Glad to hear you had a great time while you were away and good to have you back.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!