Monday, September 14, 2009

BBTB Locker Talk Desk Challenge


This week at BBTB we were to use the desk from Locker Talk. Boy did this bring back memories. What do kids desks look like these days? As usual I made a shaped card using Cricut Design Studio and also welded the apple from Locker Talk to the base design. I thought it would be fun to make it a bit oversized and added it bit of texture with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.
The sentiment is a resized downloadable stamp from The Cutting Cafe. Better yet, it's a .99 special. (Check it out HERE.) I thought it was perfect for the card and so easy to just make it just the size I needed. Regina has full instructions for doing this on the Cafe site HERE. Then I cut it and the scallop with my Nesties. BTW, if you haven't been to The Cutting Cafe recently YOU MUST GO! Regina has been sooo busy and there are a bazillion fun new sets available. In fact, she just finished a new kitchen set that is PERFECT for the new From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge and she has a special running where you get templates for two adorable apron cards FOR FREE when you purchase the In My Kitchen sentiments.
I cut the desk on the regular feature several times and snipped certain parts to give it dimension and did my usual popping with foam. In hindsite I wish I had also embossed the desk but I'd already stuck it all together and although I tried to take it apart it was not in the cards. Had to settle with the little bit of chalking and doodling I'd done. (Why is hindsite always 20/20?) Oh well, kinda plain, but let's just say it was from a simpler time. Love the little ribbon though. Be sure to check out BBTB to see how my fabulously creative Design Team sisters interpreted this challenge and please do come and play along. We'd love to see what you come up with.

15 comments:

  1. oh i just love all the detail you put into this!! the ribbon looks like a measuring tape :) dont have this cart :( thanks for letting us know regina has new stamps :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo~Hoo, I'm first to post! Donna this turned out just super cute girlfriend. I love the way you popped a strawberry on there for the teacher. LOL, that ribbon is rite-on with the sentiment. It looks perfect with that cute little desk. Great take on the challenge.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I love your desk, the apple, it all just comes together in such a wonderful card. Hugs. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I love your shaped cards. It must take time to come up with the designs and the fruit for teacher is fab.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another absolutely adorable shaped card, Donna!!! Love everything you did with it! I agree with the hind sight thing. It seems that I realize what I could have done AFTER it's too late. LOL! Doesn't matter - your card is fabulous. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna another stunner I love it, your imagination is just endless, I want one like it.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, your take on this challenge is just, as always, fantastic and awesome. looks like we could just take a seat and a bite out of the apple too.
    Wonderful!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The apple looks so sweet with the Swiss Dots! Great card! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great shaped card, Donna! Love the tape measure ribbon and the embossed apple! Teacher's Pet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh donna.. that is just too darn cute. Love that tape ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this! You are the queen of the Cricuts! lol!! Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna this is so sweet, you are the DS queen. Love all the popping and I think it looks just fine the way it is.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO fun! I love your big polka dotty apple!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Donna, I think this is just great. I love looking at everything that you make. there is so much detail to this as there is all of your stuff. I love the apple and I love that ribbon too. Really great job Donna, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!