Saturday, March 12, 2016

Kick Up Your Heels!


Only five more day to St. Paddy's so I thought I'd share this little sweetie from Sandra Caldwell called Shamrock Angel #331.  My color scheme is from the Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge Tic Tac Toe Board this week using the middle row across of Green, White and Orange. The background was done with Brushos in Leaf and Lime Green on watercolor paper and spritzed with water.



Shamrock Angel was colored with Copics with Prismacolor pencil detail on her hair and gold and Stardust Stickles on her halo and wings. Gotta say I'm pretty chuffed that Sandra liked my coloring enough to use it as a sample in her Etsy shop.  WooHoo!



To me she looks like she's kicking up her heels and dancing the jig, so after fussy cutting, I mounted her on an Action Wobble so she could DANCE!  Sorry for the still.  I know I'm the only person alive without a smart phone and although I managed to take a short video with my camera, I couldn't figure out how to upload it.  Technology is obviously not my strong suit.  Hope you like anyway.

I'm also entering this is the Outlawz Monday Greeting Cards Amazing Green challenge, the DL.Art March Linky Party, the Let's Color Saturday Linky Party, Simon Says Wednesday A Bit O' Green,  Scrappers Delights ATG, Simon Says Monday Make Your Own Background, Open Minded Crafting Luck/St. Patrick' Day and Craft for the Craic Luck O' the Irish.

13 comments:

  1. That is the cutest ever-- You know I love green and she is just adorable Donna
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MARCH Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely charming card you've created! This got me so excited to strap on my...Irish skirt? and dance a jig myself! I thought it was so fun how you attached her to an Action Wobble! I also think the background you created is brilliant! Those are my favorite colors and you blended them so beautifully! Hope your St. Patrick's Day is full of every good green thing and thank you for sharing this happy creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you colored the dancing Irish gal. She looks so cute and sassy on the Action Wobble. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenges. Katie DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cute! A dancing cailín! Great idea with the moving girl. Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    Lá Fhéile Pádraig Duit.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome card design . Lovely paper , cute image and great colouring . Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge .

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the sparkle!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect image to use as a "moving card" And beautifully colored too!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!
    xEllie/ Let's Color and Critters and Creatures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha love it, she looks like she's been inhaling too many rainbows! So cute and made me smile xThankyou for joining us over at Open-minded crafting for our Luck/St Patrick's day challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think she might have celebrated Lá Fhéile Pádraig a little bit too much :)
    I love the way you managed to incorporate the Irish flag colours
    Great fun card
    Lovely to have you enter a number of creations with us at 'Craft for the Craic'
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the way you have her dancing! Gorgeous colouring too. Thanks for joining us over at Open Minded Crafting for our St Patricks Day/Luck Challenge and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this! thanks for playing along at open-minded crafting fun!!

    kel
    Open-Minded DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the wobble... and your background is stunning!!! Absolutely wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan's - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!