Thursday, April 4, 2013

Annabelle Stamps Sketch Challenge #159


I found the most beautiful quote in the monthly Freebie section on the Annabelle Stamps Blog.  It really spoke to me and I was dying to use it.  Their CAS Sketch Challenge  seemed like the perfect time.


Here's the sketch.  I'm always kind of timid when zshuzshing up a sketch but decided to be BOLD today, using my Nesties Labels Twenty instead of a plain rectangle, adding two mats, popping the lavender and embossing the top one.  The three pearls are there, but I added three more for balance.  I'm hoping that's ok.  I often look at sketch blogs and can't even remotely see the sketch in some people's work so I think I'm pretty safe here.  I really love how it came out, even more because I've found that loving heart and warm protective arms.

I'm also entering this in the Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge

6 comments:

  1. The sentiment is framed beautifully Donna, and such soft pretty colours are perfect! The embossing is just Wow!
    TFS :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you made me cry what lovely words,Donna. Your card is very beautiful too; a perfect setting. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing this delightful card in our challenges. It's such a joy to have you play along with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very clever use of die cuts and layering. the little verse is so true.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us this week.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant! Love your Nestie skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning Donna! I am loving that quote! Great embossing folder too!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!