Friday, December 21, 2012

Dilly Beans Ornament Challenge


This week at the Dilly Beans Challenge Blog we're making ornaments.  OOOh, fun!  I grabbed my trusty Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament Die again and went to work.  Now which digi should I choose?

Couldn't resist #305 Christmas Owl all bundled up for the cold.  He's colored with Copics with an addition of some Stickles and red Pearl Pen and cut out with my Spellbinders Crown Ovals.  It's popped atop some Christmas trim from M's and the flakes are epoxy stickers.

It actually is a 3D ornament.  I cut it 7 times and folded, stapled and fanned out the layers.  They really didn't want to stay even, so I cut very thin strips of green adhisive foam that I'd made using transfer tape and stuck each strip at the fold which seemed to do the trick.

I trimmed it out with gingham ribbon and some Prima holly leaves and here it is hanging on the tree.  Please be sure to visit the Challenge Blog later today and grab inspiration from the fab projects by my DT sisters and come play along.  And don't forget the SALE at the Dilly Beans Shop as well as your last chance for discontinued stamps.  Some of my faves are there, so don't miss out!

I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Christmassy Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Donna, this is truly adorable. Your ornament is like you - unique and beautiful!!! Missing you...
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, sweet ornament and right at home in that beautiful tree, hugs, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!